This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

So? What do you think?

How do you like the new forums?

Awesome!!
40%
Could use a bit of work, but I like it!
29%
New forums?... What's different?
11%
Give me the old one back!!!
20%

Total votes : 55

So? What do you think?

Postby Chris Edwards » Jan 12, 2002 @ 11:51am

So?.. thoughts?

Ok.. I combined the Accessories and Hardware forums into the General Pocket PC one...

I created two new categories (Released/Unreleased Software)

You might want to change your username to be more friendly...

I'm still working some bugs out with the templates... and there will be adding of features down the road (like file uploading, etc)

This is a beta release of a board.. so there might still be a few bugs.. if you find any, let me know and I'll report them.
Last edited by Chris Edwards on May 20, 2003 @ 4:43am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Guest » Jan 12, 2002 @ 12:12pm

I really like it, looks ql, if just someone could say me my password again, cause it doesn't get filled automatically (Mirek Czerwinski , could you Chris pls email it to my email address?), thnx:) and hopefully those faces don't appear all over the place now:)

PS.needs a moment to get used to, but after 3mins of walking around you start to get the right feeling for it, one question thru, the "jumping" box on the left side of post means a new item in there, right? It could be a bit more visible...
:P

Postby Guest » Jan 12, 2002 @ 12:14pm

yup, faces work nice, they get shown only when you press them on the left side of message box, if you write :) or :P they don't appear, YEAH! :D

Postby Guest » Jan 12, 2002 @ 12:16pm

damn, looks like I was wrong.. let me try something (chris you might want to delete those posts later as I'm unable to do so without login...) :) -:) :)- -:)- test to check if faces appear when there aren't spaces around them
btw.faces could appear during a preview, which they don't, so it's hard to make yourself sure whether you're going to get them all over your post or not

Postby James S » Jan 12, 2002 @ 2:41pm

Hrmm... Looks good, but it does need a little work. I don't like how it displays the join date, location, et cetera under people's names. 75x75 pics can become quite large quickly, especially on a PocketPC!
I don't like the HR line at the top of every post, just use a row with < tr colspan="2" >. (maybe it's < td rowspan="2" >, I forget)
And the contact information in another row is also bad, just merge that up below the signatures, not in a seperate column. And what's with the 'Back to Top' under everyone's names? I'm pretty sure I can scroll up the 10 posts that are allowed on a page.
With PHP you could do some nice PPC optimizations, that should be another top priority, next to these aesthetic changes that shouldn't take too long.
James S
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jan 12, 2002 @ 3:36pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby MZGuy » Jan 12, 2002 @ 4:01pm

MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby MZGuy » Jan 12, 2002 @ 4:05pm

MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jan 12, 2002 @ 4:30pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby Shapeshifter » Jan 12, 2002 @ 5:26pm

Shapeshifter

Postby James S » Jan 12, 2002 @ 7:10pm

I don't think Guests should be able to create polls. kind of like an incentive to sign up, perhaps. I can only IMAGINE how many pointless polls will be created with this new forum :).
And the surprised emoticon needs some eyebrows tilted up-inwards at a 45 degree angle, kind of like the sad emoticon's or the laughing emoticon's. And the razzing one needs a more predominate tounge. It looks like a normal mouth, albeit after having eaten one too many strawberry slushies. Make it sticking out on just one side, like AIM's. And remove the eyebrows from the smiling emoticon and raise the eyes up one pixel.
Or should I not be critiquing it this much :D
James S
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Jan 12, 2002 @ 7:19pm

I like it but why did you got rid of the new graphic?
RwGast
pm Member

Postby James S » Jan 12, 2002 @ 7:28pm

Ya, I want the old new (:)) graphics back too.
Oh, and whoever asked about the bold function just creating a bold tag at the end... Just select the text you want to be bold and the press the B (bold) button. Much easier, even than Alt+b. Same with all the other buttons up there, even font size and color.
James S
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Jan 12, 2002 @ 9:42pm

Looks cool! But I'm a little lost with the new layout. I know it's just getting used to, but it's a little strange right now. Could there be more differentiation between the post and the line after the posters name? It's hard to see the body of the message.

:twisted: :evil: :P 8) 8O :wink: :cry: :o :( :) :D

Liked the new icons.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

How's this?

Postby Chris Edwards » Jan 12, 2002 @ 9:53pm

I just changed it?... That better?
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Next

Return to Site Announcements/Feedback

Sort

Forum Description

Have anything to say about PocketMatrix.com? Looking for info on the latest happenings at PocketMatrix.com?

Moderators:

sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions