This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Full Length Movies for iPaq

Re: Full Length Movies for iPaq

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 7, 2001 @ 11:50am

Jaybot, where did you get that hardware? I think I might have to go pick that up
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 7, 2001 @ 12:11pm

well Matt if don't want to spend a few hundred bucks, Then could just buy a tv-tuner card for around 50. ATI AllinWonders are complete video cards and Tuners built in. Its nice, but i didn't have the money for that, so i went and bought a Voodoo 3 PCI - TV tuner for 25 bux at EB, but ii believe they don't sell them anymore. I also have a cool little thingy that plugs into my vid card to allow Tv-Out which allows me to tape video's when i don't burn them for VCD cause if the video is in .ASF then it would take 6 hours to convert to a VCD compatible format. Just a few suggestions for you movie buffs. :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 7, 2001 @ 4:00pm

Chuck,<br><br>thanks for the advice. I have been meaning to get a tv-tuner card anyways so that will work out perfect.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » Apr 7, 2001 @ 4:31pm

actually, the All-in-Wonder cards aren't that expensive, and they're well worth it. Tv tuner cards you still have to record into avi and then convert to Mpeg, w/ the Allinwonder on the fly mpeg saves a lot of time.  Also, if you do get a tv tuner card, its hard to find one w/ an s-video input, trust me, it makes a Big difference in quality from regular rca inputs.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 8, 2001 @ 12:09am

right, but mine takes cable, being a tuner card and all. And the AllinWonder's video  card part itself is  not that hot. well compared to my voodoo 5.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 8, 2001 @ 4:42am

Chuck & Jaybot,<br><br>How about a quick price comparison between the two methods? Perhaps a pros and cons list:)Last modification: Matt Keys - 04/08/01 at 01:42:34
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 7:29am

Ugh, that's even worse, mine has all three ,cable co-axial, RCA co-axial, and S-video inputs, and Cable is by far the worst quality.  True the ATI all in wonder 128 pro only has a 32MB ATI Rage chip in it, (which is good enough for me) but I'm using it for Multimedia, not gaming.  If I cared for more gaming power (which I don't since htis chip and my 850 athlon seem fine for the time being), I could get the ATI all-in-wonder Radeon card, which in my opinion, kick ass... and voodoo sucks, I stopped using them (talk about expensive, and proprietary chipsets), and I don't like Nvidia anymore (getting expensive and sloppy, but anyone can make an Nvidia technology card).  For some reason, I fell in love with ATI (which I used to think was hte worst graphic-card company) about a year ago and haven't looked back. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 7:33am

Oh come on Matt, you can do it yourself, I'm not trying to sell anything, I'm just trying to help.  Here's some starters:<br>www.ati.com<br>www.hauppage.com<br>www.bestbuy.com<br>www.ebay.com<br>www.mysimon.com<br><br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 8, 2001 @ 6:41pm

I just wanted to watch you to battle it out, My Bad...:(<br><br>If I got that all-inwonder thingy would it replace my exsisting video card? or could I use two side by side?
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 9:06pm

You could use both if you really like the card you have now, but I'm not going to explain how right now... I'm too tired.  But if your card is just a run of the mill 32MB Nvidia or voodoo, it really won't make a difference.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 11, 2001 @ 9:15am

i bought my vodoo when they stopped making them. instead of 300bux or whatever i payed 150 :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 3:59pm

the voodoo one's were/are no better than the cheap hauppage ones you can get now for like $50.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Ryan » May 12, 2001 @ 1:59am

jaybot...you can go straight to mpeg?  That sounds awesome, saving a shitload of time.  How is the quality?  
Ryan

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions