This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Best Case for Casio?

Best Case for Casio?

Postby Dr. Phat » Jan 27, 2001 @ 1:35pm

What is the bes avvailable case for a cassiopiea e-125? I am looking into  one.<br>Thanks
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Re: Best Case for Casio?

Postby Dr. Phat » Jan 27, 2001 @ 1:35pm

Excuse my typing, i have a broken arm.
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Matt Keys » Jan 27, 2001 @ 3:40pm

the old "broken arm" excuse huh?:)
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dr. Phat » Jan 28, 2001 @ 8:42am

naah dude, on monday, i get to see if i need pins! i broke it pretty bad playing hockey.  Two bones are broken and one almost broke the skin.  it was pretty cool!
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby rita » Jan 29, 2001 @ 6:35pm

both my husband and i have a casio e-125.  i have a case from franklin planner that is a great leather and has a 6 ring binder of paper...has credit card slots.<br><br>my husband has a case from targus. nice case...small and compact. no paper.....but has a zipper and credit card slots as well.  i like his targus better except i really need the paper.
rita

Postby Dr. Phat » Jan 30, 2001 @ 9:33am

thanks!
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Best Case

Postby Epik » Feb 13, 2001 @ 5:28pm

Anyone seen a hard case for the Casio line?  I've seen them for the (ugh) palm and they're pretty nice.
Epik

Postby Matt Keys » Feb 13, 2001 @ 7:27pm

I have also been looking for a case like that, my old pda got a broken screen while in my pocket:(
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Corey » Feb 17, 2001 @ 11:02pm

I recently got the Extreme Limit case in brown and black leather, Very Nice !!! All the way from Tokyo but within a couple of days. Theres a good review on Dales site PDApassion.com that compares it to another case that sounded nice as well. My case has a nice protective cover and is Extremely well made.
Corey

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 18, 2001 @ 4:21pm

thats what im looking for, i need to feel safe with my ppc- i just got surgery on my arm, i can barely sit up-<br>(umm... not really, but it kinda excuses the no caps thing ;))Last modification: Mike Greene - 02/18/01 at 13:21:26
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Jaybot » Apr 3, 2001 @ 5:34am

"i have a case from franklin planner that is a great leather and has a 6 ring binder of paper"<br><br>A franklin planner?  I thought the whole idea of a pda was originally make those things obselete... egads that case is huge btw!  <br><br>Vaja is nice IF you don't mind paying 70 bucks for a case that most likely (unless Casio stays with the present form factor for the E-125) won't fit your new casio in 6 months or so... i don't think its worth it personally... unless casio confirnms what their next models will be.<br><br>Extreme limit body suit case is VERY similar to the vaja (while not 70 dollar quality, but who cares.. that's just for rolex wearers) for like 30 bucks, plus usually free shipping some places. I wish I got that one.<br><br>Casio actually has some decent cases themselves for low prices.  The smaller bi-fold for like 25 bucks looks real cool and protects it enough.  The beltflip case which is similar to the vaja and the E&B one is lesser quality than even the E&B, but it's only 35 bucks w/ the belt clip while the vaja and the E&B cases cost extra.... so it's your choice.<br><br>I personally wish i got the E&B one, but it's too late now, and I have a Casio small bi-fold.  But, thisis because I've gone through the Casio Trifold (big, stupid, ugly), Casio Large Bifold (big, cool looking, but too big now), and nowthis one.. you see i was able to trade them in within a month or so due to casio policy, because i didn't like them... and they were out of the belt flip case.. not to be confused with the casio belt pouch case, that's just not a good case, or even a good idea. hope that helps.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Joseph » Apr 3, 2001 @ 3:38pm

Go check out Vaja Cases. I think their site is www.vaja.com.ar
Joseph

Postby brntcrsp » Apr 5, 2001 @ 5:35am

I'm currently using Rhinoskin's RhinoPak 1100 SportCase .  This thing is probably not the slickest looking device, nor does it offer the most complete protection, but I absolutely love it.  I had been searching for a way to move out of my old wallet and turn the E-125 into my new one.  This lets me do just that.  it is a tight fit, but it does stay in place.  Plus you don't deface the back of the device by sticking adhesive all over the place.  It can be difficult to hit the power button, but it just takes a little more effort than normal.  The other thing to keep in mind is to stick the stylus into the front credit card sleeve.  This makes it easier to close the case and to get access to the stylus when you open it.  No one seemed to mention any of the Rhinoskin products so I'd recommend giving them a looksie.  You can also buy their products through MobilePlanet.<br><br>-brnt out<br><br>PS:  GET SCREEN PROTECTORS!!!  Even if you have a titanium case, get them.  Life is oh so complete with them.Last modification: Erik S. Benton - 04/05/01 at 02:35:21
brntcrsp
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 5, 2001 @ 7:06am

Uhm, sorry, let me clarify, I didn't mention the E&B one until the end... without describing it, nah nevermind, go to pocketpcpassion and read the stuff there i'm tired
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Lansirill » Apr 17, 2001 @ 4:47am

One thing to try (Although I'm sure the person who started this thread has long since purchased a case) is the flipout case, at www.flipoutpda.com. It's at least as ugly as sin, whatever that means, but it offers pretty good protection. 1/8" plexiglass for the screen, wire frames for side protection. Only thing I don't think it could handle would be me falling directly on top of it. That and water. I wouldn't trust it in a rain shower without modification. It still seems like it offers the best protection out there though, plus it hangs off your belt. Yay.Last modification: Joe Barth - 04/17/01 at 01:47:53
Lansirill
pm Member

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions