This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Why? Why? Why? Can't I overclock my E-125 200Mhz?!

Why? Why? Why? Can't I overclock my E-125 200Mhz?!

Postby Jaybot » May 10, 2001 @ 4:44pm

I'm am so tired, I've had this unit for about 5 months now, at 180MHZ, I've tried burning the sucker in for 3 days of Mpeg looping, several times; tried MP3 looping for 12hours at a time or so, and various other things, like looping the demos in PocketQuake for a day or having the gapi/vob/buseful benchbark programs looping.... so Why?!  I've tried to overclock this sucker for the past 5 months approximately 20 times!! Yet every fucking time I get the same thing, freezes up randomly and wont restart successfully unless I let it cool under a fan for awhile, and even then it will still freeze when I start it back up. WTF?!  Why can't I just get an 200Mhz overclockable machine like the everyone else?  This really upsets me.  I think the only real alternative I can come up with is finding a heatsink or a ballbearingfan small enough to fit in this sucker that wont drain the power... yeah, that'll happen.  Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, damnit!  It's days like this I'm glad I'm not an admin or a mod etc. :D  If anyone who has a brain would like to offer actual real-life(tm) advice on this subject, please do.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Re: Why? Why? Why? Can't I overclock my E-125 200Mhz?!

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 10, 2001 @ 5:27pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 10, 2001 @ 6:20pm

Jaybot:<br><br>Your CPU isn't like everyone else's. It's die-cut from a huge sheet which should explain why there are so many peculiarities between two "identical" CPUs. Consider all the surface area defects, and the slight shock it recieves when it's cut by the die. It's many little factors like this which set the CPUs apart.<br><br>After they're cut, and the manufacturers test them, they only check to see that they maintain a default clock speed. That said, maintaining the default clock speed is one of the few similarities between "identical" CPUs.<br><br>If you've got your panties in a bunch over not being able OC your Casio, just remember you're not alone. Many iPAQs can't OC either, for the same reasons as I've described above. I have just one of the handful of iPAQs out there that can OC to 236, and includes a 32meg system ROM (16 megs free for future use!!!!).<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 10, 2001 @ 6:32pm

I'd take 16 megs of RAM as opposed to ROM any day, but everyone would so what I say means nothing. I'm depressed, no one cares what I say. I'm so distraught... boo hoo~
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 10, 2001 @ 6:41pm

Moose:<br><br>The idea is to turn that extra ROM space (iPAQ ROM is actually a Flash ROM, contacts are stored there in the event your battery dies) into extra storage RAM. The Palm has a hack wich will turn unused ROM space into RAM, even Program RAM. I don't know if the iPAQ can get that tricky, but people are working on it. <br><br>Right now, the most pheasible idea is to have a dual booting OS, Linux and CE. Both would fit nicely on my system ROM :)<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » May 10, 2001 @ 9:22pm

Yeah I know, but still.... why can't MY Casio be overclocked?  It's just upsetting that someone who isn't as cool is me can have THEIR casio oc'd.... <sigh>  guess I'll take it back and go back to the ipaq now.  That sucks, I really liked my Casio too.<br><br>And there's no possible way to get my panties in a bunch, I just ironed them this morning. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 10, 2001 @ 9:27pm

I've actually found that with the microdrive removed, it takes much longer to crash.. this is most likely due to the heat that emits from the drive... so my question is has anyone who uses a microdrive been able to sucessfully oc their casio?  I wish i still had my old 32MB CF to try out.<br><br>I'm thinking of cutting holes in this thing and adding a liquid cooling system or a microfan .. hmmm....
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 10, 2001 @ 10:06pm

HAHAHAHA, yea i never tried to go to 203.4 i just stayed with 180, i'm not really worried about the extra .5 fps i'll get from it. And i'm kindof scared of opening it again, after the last indencedent. remeber i had to return mine :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 11, 2001 @ 7:41pm

indecedent, LOL. Good one! (oh wait, that's an inside joke and you're on the outside, *bully kid from Simpson's voice* HA HA *end*)Last modification: Moose Master - 05/11/01 at 16:41:30
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 12, 2001 @ 1:25am

*booming voice of god*<br>Shut Up<br>*end booming voice of god*
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions