This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

looking for Projects

looking for Projects

Postby cryo » Nov 17, 2001 @ 7:44am

small Germany-based company comitted to mobile computing is looking for interesting software development projects. <br><br>For more information please visit . (english version coming soon).<br><br>
cryo
pm Member

Re: looking for Projects

Postby suchiaruzu » Nov 17, 2001 @ 5:27pm

I have already given you ideas:<br>a) X-COM<br>b) Alone In The Dark<br>c) WYSIWYG-HTML-Editor<br>d) A vector based graphic tool (like Corel Draw)
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby cryo » Nov 17, 2001 @ 6:16pm

shape,<br><br>i know, and i have a whole bunch of good ideas myself, but the only way of getting these ideas developed would be borrowing money from either a bank or a venture capital company, since these are more than just pet projects. <br>as far as it is possible i want my company to stay independent and grow from inside.<br><br>how many copies of a $20 program would we have to sell to pay the salaries of a couple of good developers for a month or two? <br>it would have to go in the thousands. are there so many ppl going to buy a vector based graphics package for pocketpc? i dont think so.<br><br>so what i am looking for is custom software developement contracts. <br><br>cryo<br>
cryo
pm Member

Postby TechMage » Nov 17, 2001 @ 9:49pm

Make Simple Platform games or Tiled RPG games.  Look at the old Nintendo (NES) games.  They are relativly simple in graphics and gameplay, but there fun.  And make them fully, I repeat, fully, controlled by a stylus.  You could sell 3 or 4 of them in a gamepack for 25 bucks.<br><br>Here is a list of old NES games, which are good games to take ideas from.<br><br>1. Crystalis (Basically a Zelda game, with roleplaying elements, a definate kick arse game)<br>2. MarioBros (Simple, yet extremely fun, games with scores you try to beat are very addicting)<br>3. MegaMan (A neat futuristic game, where like Mario Bros, you advance through levels, but it also has a neat weapons system, where you assimilate the weapons of the bosses you beat.<br>4. Final Fantasy 1 (A very traditional RPG, with a good story line.)<br><br>There are hundreds of others I could list, but what all of these games have in common is that they are simple, yet fun.  The biggist problem I find with most of the Pocket PC games out there, is that they get old very fast.  You need to make a game which can be played over and over and not lose its fun.  Point systems, multiple storylines, createable characters, world editors, good controlls, etc.  These features make good games, and when you eliminate these from a game (especially good controlls), your game is going to suck.  So keep this in mind when you make your game(s).   <br>-By TechMage, a hardcore gamer for 14 years.
TechMage
pm Insider

Postby randall » Nov 17, 2001 @ 10:09pm

I don't think this forum was designed for ideas.<br><br>To me, it appeared that Cryo was searching for contract work, meaning someone else has the finacial backing to pay salaries and drive the development process.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 17, 2001 @ 10:41pm

What do you guys think about adding another thread under this section, something for programmers who are interested in making a game, but do not know what type of game they should make, or do not yet have a solid plot. They could get ideas and feedback on their ideas from the gaming community. What do you all think about this? I would like to hear the opinion of a few developers before doing this, would you use it?
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby esw » Nov 18, 2001 @ 5:53pm

You mean another forum, not another thread, right? That would be cool... people could share ideas about what would make a good game. Until now, such sharing seemed to occur in the PocketQuake and Argentum forums :)
esw
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Nov 18, 2001 @ 6:07pm

I think a "Games Design" forum might be quite nice. People could post their game ideas and what they would like to see etc.<br><br>- John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby MooseMaster » Nov 22, 2001 @ 6:11pm

Game design should just be a part of General Development.
MooseMaster

Return to Job Connection

Sort

Forum Description

If you're looking for a job in the industry, or you have a job available post your requests here.

Moderators:

sponge, RICoder, andie

Forum permissions