This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Audio Designer available for anything.

Audio Designer available for anything.

Postby Jaybot » Dec 14, 2001 @ 2:22pm

Hey, audio designer, that sounds nice, doesn't it?<br><br>Seeing as nobody posts here, or even visits here, I thought I'd liven it up a bit.<br><br>I've done music and sound effects for several ppc games, including , , , , as well as a few other games (which are not public yet).<br><br>More info here: <br><br>And since I just finished my BA in Music, I'll have plenty of time on my hands to develop for multiple games.  I'll do anything from mod music (xm, it, s3m, mod) files to looped wavs to sfx editing, voice recordings, to whatever you want.  I'll be your musical monkey :)<br><br>Just drop me an email at Jaybot@pocketgamer.org with questions, answers or requests.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Last modification: Jaybot - 12/14/01 at 11:22:22
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Re: Audio Designer available for anything.

Postby Dan East » Dec 14, 2001 @ 4:06pm

"I just finished my BA in Music" <br><br>Congratulations! Does that mean you charge more now? ;)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Dec 14, 2001 @ 4:08pm

what exactly did you learn in your music degree?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 14, 2001 @ 10:48pm

A better question is what didn't I learn in my music degree ;)<br><br>Music history from ancient greece through the 20th century, 16-20th C. music theory and composition, acoustics, music literature throughout the ages, form and analysis, baroque and contemporary counterpoint, performing ensembles in chamber groups and large ensemles, and private instruction on several instruments; just to name a few things :)<br><br>Dan, you bet ;)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 16, 2001 @ 5:26am

In fact, I was just having this conversation with randall about the origin of solmization, or solfege, syllables.<br><br>Believe it or not, do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, and do, did not originat from the Sound of Music.<br><br>It actually derived from a latin hymn, dating aronud 800 AD (or CE for you politically correct peeps).  The syllables were actually, ut, re, mi, fa, sol, and la.  The 11th C monk, Guido of Arezzo (who was quite the music theorist for his time) added music to these stressed syllables to help singers remember that patterns of whole tones and semi tones (this is pre-17th century, before there was any major or minoy 'keys' and before the renaissance modes, for all you 'musically knowledged' peeps ;) ) in the six steps that existed in the church modes of the time.<br><br>for you latin folks, here is the original hymn, Ut queant laxis:<br>'Ut' queant laxis 'Re'-sonare fibris 'Mi'-ra gestorum 'fa'-muli tuorum, 'Sol'-ve poluti 'La'-bii reatum, Sancte Joannes.'<br><br>roughly translates to, "That thy servants may freely sing forth the wonders of thy deeds, remove all stain of guilt from their unclean lips, O Saint John."<br><br>this system was great because it was a movable 6 note pattern that kept the same semi-tone between mi and fa.  This eventually led to the middle ages hexachord system, and an adequate musical notation system where the clef signs for f, c, and g, were invented, which are still used today.<br><br>yo.<br><br><br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Dec 16, 2001 @ 8:09am

mister surguine, do we have a test on this next week? my dog ate my homework. etc.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby randall » Dec 16, 2001 @ 8:43am

Audio Designer has a nice ring to it.<br><br>New Bug?<br><br><br><br>Last modification: randall - 12/16/01 at 05:43:10
randall
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 16, 2001 @ 8:45am

good thing i didnt reply to that stripper request ;)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby randall » Dec 16, 2001 @ 9:14pm

lol. I deleted it before I got banned for life.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » Dec 16, 2001 @ 9:54pm

*evil admin enters the room*<br><br>You're lucky we don't have a log of what you posted... Otherwise you would've been "banned for life".<br><br>*evil admin leaves*
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Matt Keys » Dec 16, 2001 @ 10:28pm

*evil admin enters*<br><br>that's right! this isnt good cop bad cop, we will both ban your ass.<br><br>*evil admin leaves*
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby randall » Dec 16, 2001 @ 10:50pm

*whoop*
randall
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 20, 2001 @ 2:59pm

Besides that stripper request shouldve been posted in the job seekers forum :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby NYIllustrator » Jan 3, 2002 @ 6:23pm

Dont make the admins get medieval on your ass... Hey Im graduating in about 4 months too with a BFA in Illustration..ummm *looks around room for that McDonalds application*

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jan 5, 2002 @ 5:45am

lol, too true, too damn true.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to Job Connection

Sort

Forum Description

If you're looking for a job in the industry, or you have a job available post your requests here.

Moderators:

sponge, RICoder, andie

Forum permissions