This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Sam & Max: Get me out of here!

Sam & Max: Get me out of here!

Postby Bjorn Keizers » Jan 24, 2002 @ 10:01am

I have a minor but very irritating issue with Sam & Max full version. When I try to walk down stairs, or in my case, out of a Chuckey's, I fail on every attempt.

I managed to get out of the building by playing in landscape, with the latest version [arm] But I can't get out of the diner! My brother [who played this a lot back then] assures me you needed to right click or something to select a certain mouse function ..

Now my question is: is anyone else having these problems, and how do I overcome them.
Bjorn Keizers

Postby andys » Jan 24, 2002 @ 10:23am

well, once I've fixed some specific bugs in this build, I'll add a part of the screen to give better keyboard control. Sam and Max needs some very specific work though :|
andys
pm Member

right clicking?

Postby Bjorn Keizers » Jan 24, 2002 @ 1:17pm

And that would fix this? What it in essence comes down to is, we need something to change the mouse, right? Like right click. Should be easy enough to implement.

There isn't any key or combo that might select the proper function? [like W for walk, L for look at] Too bad they didn't think we might ever play it on anything other then a PC..
Bjorn Keizers

Postby andys » Jan 24, 2002 @ 1:39pm

I think having a "right mouse" part of the screen, that says the next click will be a right mouse click should be great, or alternatively use a hardware button. I dunno yet. I'll probably do the part of the screen one first because it's the easiest one.
andys
pm Member

Postby Mr Visitor » Jan 24, 2002 @ 3:34pm

Whats the possibility of adding a 'hover' button, so you can tap or drag over the play area and it acts like a 'mouse over' as opposed to a 'mouse click'?

This would help in finding 'hot spots' without actually clicking on them??
Mr Visitor

Postby andys » Jan 24, 2002 @ 3:45pm

Possibly easier said than done, but I'll have a look at it tommmorow.

I'm going to go and build a slightly updated test version which has working sound, and then do some tidyups. If I can get it to work a bit better then I'll release it this w/e I think. I'll try and get right mouse working before then
andys
pm Member

Postby Mr Visitor » Jan 24, 2002 @ 3:59pm

The right click this is far more important than my suggestion, as a work around, you can tap and drag to find the hot-spots, just makinging sure you dont lift the stylus whilst over a hot-spot area.

Just, if you want to add anything new (like you dont have enough to do! :) ) it might be a good addition!
Mr Visitor

Postby suchiaruzu » Jan 24, 2002 @ 5:32pm

We should have a cursor displayed in the status bar. that way you can see your current cursor (very important in sam'n'max, as you dont have any verb-menu - 't is handled using the right mouse key).
Tapping on that cursor window would mean a right click and change the cursor.
i believe that's the best way
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Jan 24, 2002 @ 6:59pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby andys » Jan 24, 2002 @ 7:06pm

andys
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jan 24, 2002 @ 7:17pm

<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Jan 24, 2002 @ 7:22pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions