This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketHAL: library installation help for newbies

PocketHAL: library installation help for newbies

Postby abiemann » Jul 9, 2004 @ 11:30pm

I haven't found ANY instructions on using the excellent pocketHAL library - just because I didn't understand how to use the eVC IDE.

enjoy...

PocketHAL 0.7.2 installation instructions (using eVC++ 4, specifically for ARM)
by Alexander Biemann (July 9, 2004) rev1.0

1) PREREQUISITE (installed in the following order)

a) ActiveSync 3.7.1 installed
b) eVC++4.0 installed
c) eVC++4sp3 installed
d) PPC 2003 SDK installed

2) INSTALLATION (and building the fireworks sample to download to your PPC)

a) un-archive PocketHAL to your eVC folder. For example, I used D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\PocketHAL072
b) Launch eVC
c) click File -> Open Workspace -> navigate to the pocketHAL samples\firework\win32 folder. For example, mine is D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\PocketHAL072\samples\firework\win32
d) double-click firework.vcw
e) click Build -> Set Active Configuration
f) select "win32(WCE ARMV4) Release" -> click OK
- also make sure that in the IDE, the following drop-down boxes show along the top of your screen:
"firework", "Pocket PC 2003", "Win32 (WCE ARMV4 Release", "Pocket PC 2003 Device"
g) click Tools -> Options -> and select the "Directories" Tab
h) make sure that: Platform="Pocket PC 2003", CPUs="win32(WCE ARMV4)", Show Directories for=include files
i) to the right of "Directories" click the symbol that means "New" (use tool-tip help if not sure [to use tool-tip help just leave mouse pointer over button])
j) navigate to the PocketHAL folder. For example D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\PocketHAL072\PocketHAL
k) under "Show Directories for", select "Library Files"
l) navigate to the \lib\win32 folder.For example D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\PocketHAL072\lib\win32
m) click OK and connect your PPC to your PC
n) within the eVC++ IDE, select the "FileView" tab
o) right-click "firework files"
p) click "Build (Selection Only)"
q) once the project is built (0 errors, 0 warnings) press CTRL+F5 to run the project on your PPC

3) CONCLUSION

If you want to build for the Emulator simply make the drop-down box selections, AND perform steps (g) through (q) but making sure in step (h) to select the Emulator
abiemann
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions