This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketHal/Frog Integration

PocketHal/Frog Integration

Postby thundershadow14 » Jan 6, 2008 @ 6:00am

Hey all,

I've got a pretty advanced Windows Mobile application developed already, but now want to add some more intense graphical effects to it, and I was wondering if there's anyway to easily use PocketFrog/Hal to do so. Reason I ask, is cuz I've noticed that these libs have almost a new coding system that seems quite different from standard win32 C code, and I'm finding it difficult to use PocketFrog/Hal amongst my existing code. Is this even possible? And if so, can anyone shed some light, or some links?

Thanks,
Chad.
thundershadow14
pm Member

Postby Nacho84 » Jan 11, 2008 @ 12:40pm

Hello Chad. No, as far as I know, you won't be able to easily integrate PocketHAL into your existing code in order to add graphical effects. PocketHAL gives you an empty canvas for you to do your rendering but you won't be able to draw buttons, listboxes and all the graphical widgets that the Windows API provides and that I'm sure your application uses.

--Nacho
Nacho84
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions