This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketFrog + PocketHAL Orientation Issues

PocketFrog + PocketHAL Orientation Issues

Postby jaguard » Jan 17, 2008 @ 4:21am

I hope there's still someone here.

I'm trying to implement orientation-aware solution for my game, i.e. it can switch orientation for user's comfort.
I still use pocketfrog, of course. So, I get some really strange results with stylus. When I use the older pocketHAL, the one I used for all my projects, and my current - 0.7.x, I'm getting this stylus coordinates with mode set to ORIENTATION_ROTATE90CCW:

x = x-320;
y = y;

This is odd, but alright, maybe. I dont know what will I get on other devices, so this puzzles me a lot.
Ok, I thought that I finally move to the latest pocketHAL, as Thierry told that he solved all orientation issues at once.
I have downloaded it, and now what I get is totally puzzling:

x = y-150; // or something like
y = -x;

This is SOMETHING! X mixed with Y, and I also getting negative values. I have no idea what will I get on other devices, so I really need a kind of advice.

This happens on VGA device with HI_RES_AWARE flag turned on - until now I didn't use this flag, and it worked just fine in 320x240 scaled down or native 320x240 no QVGA devices.

The device I used is ipaq hx4700/WM2003SE.
jaguard
pm Member

Postby jaguard » Jan 29, 2008 @ 10:24am

I still need a sort of solution. I actually released a game, but I didn't move to newer pockethal, since it returns abnormal coordinates.
jaguard
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Feb 27, 2008 @ 6:02am

Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions