This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Graphic resources in Visual Studio 2005

Graphic resources in Visual Studio 2005

Postby BradK3 » Dec 8, 2008 @ 3:22am

This is a bit off-topic, as it is not specifically a PocketFrog question -- however, hopefully I can get some help.

I just switched from developing using Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 to Visual Studio 2005 (still using C++). However, I can't seem to figure out how to add graphic resources to my project. In EVC++, I would simply add the graphic file as a resource and I could then give it whatever name I wanted.

In Visual Studio, I can add the graphics as resources, but I can't figure out how to rename them. I'm pretty much stuck with the names that Visual Studio gives me - PNG0, PNG1, PNG2, etc.

What do I need to do to add graphics to my game? Is there a way to rename the resources, or is there a better way of adding graphics to my game?

Thanks,
BradK3
pm Member

Postby boovie » Dec 17, 2008 @ 10:56am

Personally I use separate data pack files holding game's data instead of resources because of multiplatform (and also because I don't like how the resources work).

So I don't have much experience with resources, but I think that you can rename resource id by using properties window (View->Other Windows->Properties Windows), just select the resource you want to rename and the properties windows should show its id. Hope that helps.
boovie
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions