This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketHAL 1.0.7 Released

PocketHAL 1.0.7 Released

Postby Kzinti » Jul 23, 2009 @ 4:57am

PocketHAL 1.0.7 is available.

- Fixed input orientation on square display devices
- Fixed alarm and e-mail notifications not showing up

You can download PocketHAL here: http://www.droneship.com/

Donators can obtain the registered copy (without the logo/banner) by e-mailing us.
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby pacomac » Dec 1, 2009 @ 9:24pm

There appears to be a bug when running low-resolution on WVGA devices (i.e. no HIRES_AWARE flag).

If you try to rotate the screen clockwise or counter clockwise (i.e. from portrait to landscape), the screen completely screws up. What essentially happens is the portrait screen is rotated by 90 degrees cutting off half of the display (i.e. the width and height of the display do not change).
pacomac
pm Member

Postby pacomac » Dec 3, 2009 @ 11:03am

Just to elaborate on this problem, when PocketHAL is initialised with default orientation on a WVGA device everything looks fine (no HIRES_AWARE flag in resource).

If you attempt to initialise PocketHAL with ORIENTATION_ROTATE90CCW or ORIENTATION_ROTATE90CW the screen just flips 90 degrees maintaining its default aspect ratio of 240x400, chopping off the bottom portion of the screen.

NOTE: It just isn't worth the time and effort re-coding existing programs in hi-res and have them run at a lower frame rate than originally intended. Sure modern day PPC's might be able to keep up but many older PPC's can't.

It certainly would be nice to see a fix for this problem.
pacomac
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions