This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketFrog's future

What does PocketFrog need?

Remove the license entirely
No votes
Put PocketFrog under LGPL
No votes
Add support for blending and transparent blits
71%
Support for more graphic primitives
14%
Music support
14%

Total votes : 7

PocketFrog's future

Postby Kzinti » Apr 11, 2002 @ 9:45pm

Hi everyone,

I am now in Vancouver, and almost ready to resume working on PocketFrog.

I had quite some time to think about the current state of the library and where I want it to go.

It seems obvious that the license terms are not clear and preventing people from using the library. The next release will either be under LGPL or, most probably, under no license whatsoever.

I constantly receive requests for things like alpha blending, and it's about time I add it... The main reason for that is that I am seriously thinking about removing the graphic primitives from class Surface (they don't really belong there) and designing some kind of "pixel shaders" that would allow you to define how you want to process the pixels. You could for example draw a line using a normal shader, a transparent (alpha based) shader, etc.

Music support (MOD, IT, XM, ...) took too much of my energy and it's not there yet. There is two reasons: 1) The sound support in PocketFrog is currently very limited in functionality and 2) MikMod is hard to integrate.

I would like to have some constructive comments here about what you think and what is critically needed. (Unlike some people in another thread.)

Thanks,
Thierry
Kzinti
pm Member

why using mikmod ?

Postby thomas mathys » Apr 12, 2002 @ 5:26pm

thomas mathys

Postby Kzinti » Apr 12, 2002 @ 6:47pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby thomas » Apr 12, 2002 @ 9:19pm

thomas

Postby Kzinti » Apr 12, 2002 @ 10:29pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions