This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Fist attempt at an article for beginners using PocketFrog

Fist attempt at an article for beginners using PocketFrog

Postby Conan » Jun 7, 2002 @ 9:12pm

I managed to spend a few hours putting together chapter 1 of a beginner's guide to PocketFrog. This is aimed at getting people through the early learning curve so they can begin coding their games.

It's aimed at people who don't have much experience of eVC & game design toolkits.

If anyone has time to have a look & tell me if it makes sense I would be happy for the feedback.

I skipped over emulation as I have not yet delved into how PocketFrog handles emulation on the desktop PC. I had a read of the info with the asteroids demo but still need a bit more time to figure this area out.

3 or 4 of these articles would be needed to cover the topic.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Jun 7, 2002 @ 10:29pm

Wow!

That web site you put up is really nice! Mind if I link to it from my own web site?

Thanks for the hard work Conan!

One comment though: Although I wrote the text contained int the "Pocket Asteroid" article, I have nothing to do with PocketAsteroid by Thomas Connoly...
Kzinti
pm Member

Thanks for the feedback

Postby Conan » Jun 7, 2002 @ 11:11pm

I would be happy for you to link to the page. Also I need to create the main page to contain all the articles so I will post that link once it's ready.

I realised that the article on CodeGuru starts out about asteroids after I checked the link again so I will update to reflect this.

I have some little caveman sprites ready for the next article which will cover reading the screen & hard buttons plus saving the screen to file together with a little sprite routine.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions