This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

cpu hog?

cpu hog?

Postby moon » Apr 4, 2005 @ 7:33pm

I've just noticed that on the windows desktop version of the gapidraw samples they are really processor intensive on one of my machines. The machine is running at 2.2GHZ with 224MB of RAM and has XP Home installed on it. The graphics card is a S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR(comes on the motherboard) and Direct X 9.0 is installed as well. Just running the Minimal.exe sample in non-full screen mode causes the cpu usage to go up to around 100 percent.

On my other machine with a faster processor and more RAM, it only takes up around 15 percent.

Can anyone explain?
moon
pm Member

Postby Johan » Apr 4, 2005 @ 9:11pm

Something is very wrong with your machine.

On my test computer (1.7ghz P4, 512mb ram, Radeon9200) the minimal sample application takes 0% CPU in debug mode (windowed mode).

GapiDraw has been tested on Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP and should perform very well on most machines.
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby gamefreaks » Apr 18, 2005 @ 3:58pm

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -Woody Allen
gamefreaks
pm Insider

Postby moon » Apr 26, 2005 @ 11:21pm

moon
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions