This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GapiDraw Symabian series 60 FP2

GapiDraw Symabian series 60 FP2

Postby Guest » May 12, 2005 @ 9:31am

Postby Johan » May 12, 2005 @ 11:09am

Hi,

GapiDraw should work on the Nokia 6630. GapiDraw has been compiled with the version 1.2 SDK to allow compatibility across most devices.

//Johan
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Guest » May 12, 2005 @ 11:45am

I am alittle confused...

If GapiDraw has been compiled with version 1.2, is this the version i should be using to create apps for the Nokia 6630?

From all the documentation it seems that if I want to develop for the nokia 6630 I hsould be using v2 FP2.

Also in your instructions you state that we should download the "Microsoft CodeWarrior" version. This version does not seems to exist. There are two options:

Metrowerks Codewarrior or Borland. Which one should we be using?

http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=65

This website seems to suggest that the Borland version works with visual studio, hence the confusion.

Thanks, would really appreciate your help

Postby vince_mad » May 12, 2005 @ 1:40pm

vince_mad
pm Member

Postby gersen » May 12, 2005 @ 7:37pm

Hi,
if you write games there is no need to use later version of the sdk, only sdk 1.2 (and to some degree sdk 2.0) can be used to compile an application that will run on all series 60 devices. Later version of the sdk can be used to access to specific new phone's features, but for games you shouldn't need those new features that basically are application related (better camera apis, better message/mms apis etc). More on the subject here http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=65
gersen
pm Member

Postby Guest » May 14, 2005 @ 12:38pm

Thanks,

Just one last question. I'm not sure how to convert between a TBufC and a TCHAR.

TBufC<TEXTMAX> ImportDirectoryName1;

_TCHAR ImportDirectoryName2[MAX_PATH];

I want to be able to use the strcpy function to copy the contents of ImportDirectoryName1 to ImportDirectoryName2

thanks

Postby vince_mad » May 14, 2005 @ 8:17pm

vince_mad
pm Member

Postby Guest » May 16, 2005 @ 12:06pm

Hello,

I tried this but it doesn't work as it has issues with argument 3. I use .Ptr() not .PtrZ() which doesn't seem to exist.

Any other ideas would be appreciated

thanks

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions