This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

symbian 6.1 timer issue

symbian 6.1 timer issue

Postby ten foot ninja » Nov 13, 2005 @ 11:18pm

i would like to be able to control movement in my cross platform game using the difference in time between a render and the previous render ( targetFPS / realFPS )

symbian timers seem to be unable to work for me here as there is rarely an iteration where i actually have a difference in time between renders. In the gapidraw docs, it mentions this limitation and explains why symbian calls ProcessNextFrame() as often as it can, and that you should base animations and such on time, not frames passed.

this seems to me to be a chicken and the egg problem, gapidraw doesn't use symbian timers cause they are unreliably inaccurate, thus, they don't work for me either.

the docs say there are threads pertaining to this here, but i haven't found any. How do other people handle rendering/animation on symbian? should i simply adjust my move_by values to reflect the higher fps i get on symbian?
ten foot ninja
pm Member

Postby Johan » Nov 14, 2005 @ 10:46am

Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions