This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

blt() function copying 32bits instead of 16?

blt() function copying 32bits instead of 16?

Postby Bunkai » Nov 18, 2006 @ 9:32pm

Bunkai
pm Member

Postby Johan » Nov 19, 2006 @ 6:57pm

Hi Rene,

Unfortunately I must again direct you to the features page. :-)
http://www.develant.com/gapidraw-features.php

Check the section "Operating on Multiple Pixels Simultaneously"

All images in GapiDraw are stored as 16-bit WORDs (called "surfaces), which makes it possible to operate on two pixels simultaneously in many operations! GapiDraw operates on multiple pixels simultaneously in all variations of BltFast, AlphaBltFast, FillRect, and all functions that are internally depending on these functions (such as DrawText). Depending on the pixels to be copied, GapiDraw will either: (1) read and write 32-bit data, (2) read 32-bit data and write 16-bit data, or (3) read 16-bit data and write 16-bit data. What does this mean for game development? Simple - the best blitting performance available, providing arcade-action visual performance to any handheld device!

So to answer your question: All operations in GapiDraw try to operate on 32 pixels at once, for both pixel copy, transparancy effects and more.
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Bunkai » Nov 19, 2006 @ 7:35pm

Hello Johan,

I do apologize. I must have overlooked that information.. Thank you very much for patience and for repeating whats already written there.

Apparently, there are not many ways to improve the speed of your library by writting my own code upon PocketHAL.

Because I am alone, I dont have too much time resources to develop my own library with hope it could save say 5fps.

This is just a matter of interest, to evaluate number of energy put in developing GapiDraw. Could I kindly ask, how many years, have you been intensively developing GAPIDraw, and how many peoople are involved in research and developent?

Thank you and have a nice day,
Rene.
Bunkai
pm Member

Postby Johan » Nov 20, 2006 @ 8:50am

Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Bunkai » Nov 20, 2006 @ 9:44am

Thank you very much.
Bunkai
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions