This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GapiDraw price increase from December 1

GapiDraw price increase from December 1

Postby Johan » Nov 24, 2006 @ 2:21pm

Hello all,

As of December 1 we will increase the price of GapiDraw 3.6 to $749.

If you are thinking about buying GapiDraw you will be able to do so for the current price of $595 until November 30.

Sincerely
Johan
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby ElSeeker » Nov 26, 2006 @ 5:05am

Ouch.. gotta be honest. I almost thought about comming back and using GD again since the licensing change was done (was still a bit over priced at ~$600 but at least it was better then a few thousand). But now that the price has jumped up to almost $800 I have gotta say no.

I just look at some of the other options out there (Torque for the PC, etc.) and then look at GD and wonder why it is soo expensive?

Oh-well.. time to look at other options again!
ElSeeker
pm Member

Postby jaguard » Nov 26, 2006 @ 8:51am

I've heard that palm support have been discontinued. We are considering gapidraw for our two big projects(one released for pocketpc and the other almost done) and maybe for future projects also.
We're not interested in pocketpc gapidraw since pocketfrog is pretty enough, so the only use of this will be palm support.

If we purchase Gapidraw, can we be confident that latest Gapidraw for palm will be fine for all current devices and for all other palmOS 5.x.x devices which can be brought by palm before they decide to go to a new platform(Cobalt or whatever)?
jaguard
pm Member

Postby jaguard » Nov 26, 2006 @ 11:30am

I've just downloaded gapidraw evaluation and didn't find any of the palm files there. Where can I find it?
jaguard
pm Member

Postby Bunkai » Nov 26, 2006 @ 5:25pm

Yeah, I understand that you want to maximize your profits. Indeed, I have been deciding between PocketHAL + my own library, vs. using GapiDraw, for a long time.

Because, I am in the early stage of my project, I can not be 100% sure, that I will really finish it, although my plans are to do all I can to make my game up. Therefore, I planned investing into GapiDraw immediatelly before selling the game, that would be within 5 months or so.

Because I am from Eastern Europe, Slovakia, the price for GapiDraw represents my two months salary. As the price increased, I can not afford purchasing GAPIDraw anymore, and I am really sorry for it. 600,-USD was too much, but seeing further increases ensures me, that GapiDraw is what I can not afford anymore, unfortunatelly..

Anyway, GapiDraw seems to be a good product. Keep up doing good job.

With regards,
Rene.
Bunkai
pm Member

Postby Johan » Nov 29, 2006 @ 1:04pm

Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions