This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

DrawText ( Is it possible other language??)

DrawText ( Is it possible other language??)

Postby cat48 » Apr 8, 2002 @ 6:33am

Hi...

I have a problem :cry:
DrawText function support other language???
Just English???
How can I use font files???
cat48

Postby » Apr 8, 2002 @ 8:30am

Gapitools supports bitmapped fonts, so you could prepare a bitmap containing special characters (á,è, etc) and load it using Initializefont. You could then use DrawText to display the text correctly, providing you'd mapped the special character to a normal character, e.g "Hello!" would become "Hèllo!" using DrawText. Don't know if Gapitools supports non-standard characters natively, haven't used it much yet.
Xen Games

Postby Johan » Apr 9, 2002 @ 8:49pm

Yes, as T1 says, DrawText using bitmapped fonts is the way to go.

GapiDraw/Tools actually supports all extended characters using DrawText (bitmapped). The problem is that the TEXT macro does not correctly map extended characters to their ASCII values.

I would suggest doing as T1 says.. Map "é" to "#" or another character you do not use regularly. Stick with characters lower that 128. Or (the advanced way) use the TEXT macro, check the ASCII value of your character, and place the correct character at the correct offset in the bitmapped font.

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Thanks But....

Postby cat48 » Apr 10, 2002 @ 11:51am

cat48

Postby Johan » Apr 10, 2002 @ 12:36pm

Johan
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions