This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Creating sprites in memory and blitting those onthe screen

Creating sprites in memory and blitting those onthe screen

Postby FunkyMonk » Apr 15, 2002 @ 5:47pm

Hi all!

I'm new to GapiTools and was playing around with it. I asked myself: Can I create a sprite in memory and blit it with a mask like MaskBlt does for resources? The problem is that I want to change the sprites during the game, so using static resources is impossible. What I'd like to have is a method like

void MaskBlt(CGapiBuffer* pBuffer, DWORD dwLeft, DWORD dwTop, DWORD dwWidth, DWORD dwHeight, DWORD dwSourceLeft, DWORD dwSourceTop, COLORREF maskColor, BOOL bScreen = FALSE)

Any help is appreciated :D

Thanks,

FunkyMonk
FunkyMonk
pm Member

Postby Johan » Apr 15, 2002 @ 6:05pm

Hi,

GapiTools does not support MaskBlt between buffers. If you are not too far into your project I would recommend you to try out the new GapiDraw (it has all features of GapiTools + much more).

If I get the time I will try to add buffered MaskBlt in GapiTools 1.09, which will be released before Friday.

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby FunkyMonk » Apr 15, 2002 @ 7:08pm

Hi Johan,

thanks for your reply. I really like the light-weight GapiTools (keep up the good work ;-)). And I think a buffered MaskBlt would really be a big plus for the GapiTools. BTW, the source code isn't free, right? Otherwise, I might put in the MaskBlt myself 8).

FunkyMonk
FunkyMonk
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions