This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Other image format than bmp?

Other image format than bmp?

Postby jul' » May 22, 2002 @ 4:12pm

Hello,

I was using Diesel, and I'm switching to your API...
We're a research center and can't afford their licence...
You're doing a great job. Congratulations.

I was wondering if you planned to add other image format like jpg or gif in your API, or if someone did.

And, do you think it's possible to play video in a surface? I don't think it's the aim of it, but it would help me in doing my project... :wink:

jul'
jul'
pm Member

Postby Johan » May 22, 2002 @ 7:54pm

Hi,

Different formats are most definitely planned (using the pImageType parameter in CreateSurface). Right now JPG support is at the top of my list.

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby Hosed » May 24, 2002 @ 2:47am

Hosed
pm Member

Postby Johan » May 24, 2002 @ 3:03pm

Heya,

If you can stand the thought of me shuffling your code right into GapiDraw then please upload it! :)

It's about time GapiDraw supported more image formats, and right now I really could use any help I can get (I am reading through the entire blit core assembler output two or three times more just to make sure every operation performs in an optimal way). I have actually rewritten basically every blit operation from scratch, and expanded each function as many times as possible to ensure optimization.

For example, the standard BltFast operation today has more than 20 different internal paths depending on what options are set (memcpy as block if no options and target is not windowed display and surfaces are of matching size, memcpy as rows if no options are set, 8 fast blt operations, 8 blt fx operations)... It takes a while to go through all this code, but in the end it will be as fast as it possible can get.

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby Hosed » May 24, 2002 @ 7:55pm

Hosed
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions