This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Support for more buttons?

Support for more buttons?

Postby efortier » May 24, 2002 @ 5:41am

efortier
pm Insider

Postby Johan » May 24, 2002 @ 10:59am

Hi,

The main issue with supporting more buttons are that the key codes for them may differ between devices. Also, the GAPI DLL from Microsoft only supports the first three buttons, so the codes for the extra buttons has to be hard coded.

If you (or someone else) have a spare 30 minutes, could I ask you to write a small program that just writes the numeric code for each button on screen? I was actually planning this myself, but my schedule is kind of full... :)

Using such a program we could start collecting key codes, which later could be integrated into all toolkits (GapiDraw, PocketFrog and EasyCD).

Best regards,
Johan
Johan
pm Member

Visual C++ code for hard key/hot key code

Postby rmg2768 » May 28, 2002 @ 5:25pm

Hopefully I'll have time to tie this into a Vis C++ project and send it in, but here are the essentials.
The code can be put into an MFC app View class (or MainFrm) and enables handlers for all hard keys (incl. the side record button on the iPaq). It works in place of the GapiTools key handler (since that only handles 3 hotkeys right now).

Caveat - This code works on the iPaq 3600 series. It sorta works on the 3800 series, but my app using this code freezes up the iPaq after it exits...haven't isolated why yet. I think it will work for most others, maybe with small mods (i.e. the 0xc1..0xc5 range for hotkeys).

--------------snip here--------------

rmg2768

iPaq 3800 follow-up

Postby rmg2768 » May 28, 2002 @ 5:28pm

Actually, don't worry about the above code running on the iPaq 3800 series - the latest version of my prog using the above code doesn't cause a freezeup.
rmg2768

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions