This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GapiDraw 1.03 Release

GapiDraw 1.03 Release

Postby Johan » Jul 7, 2002 @ 10:19pm

With version 1.03 <a href="http://www.gapidraw.com">GapiDraw</a> is not only the most advanced SDK for PocketPCs and Smartphones, it's also one of the easiest to use. GapiDraw 1.03 introduces a new multithreaded base class: CGapiApplication, that lets you create games in a matter of hours!

CGapiApplication:

-A new base class to create new Pocket PC games in a matter of hours!
-Tested and approved for Stationary PCs, Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
-Support for full screen and windowed DirectDraw modes on Stationary PCs.
-Full support for stylus (down, up, move, doubleclick) and key input (down, up).
-Support for easy to use, dynamic rotation of the display with no performance loss.
-Flexible and easy to use configuration system.
-Multithreaded main loop for time critical operations.
-Full Minimize/Restore functionality with synchronized pause of main loop.
-Hides all notifications with automatic refocus of main window.
-FPS lock (the application will always run at constant FPS independent of CPU speed).
-CGapiApplication source code is included with the installation.

Other new features in GapiDraw 1.03 include:

-GapiDraw now links dynamically to gx.dll.
-RLE-compression is now re-added and improved so that it works with all types of BMP images (1, 4, 8, and 24-bit uncompressed, 4-bit and 8-bit RLE-compressed).
-A local copy of the documentation is now available as part of the installation.
-All sample applications are rebuilt using Visual Studio 6.0! You can now use either Visual Studio 6.0 or Visual Studio .NET to open the sample applications.
-New tutorials available that highlights the new CGapiApplication and the creation of platform-independent projects.
-New cursor class: CGapiCursor. CGapiCursor supports animated key sourced and alphablended cursors on Stationary PCs. Sample cursors by Jalentorn (jalentorn@pobladores.com), Lightstreamdesign (www.lightstreamdesign.com), and DroN (acidron@mail.ru) are included with their permission.
-FontMaker improvements. The last used font color is now remembered in the font select dialog. If antialias / cleartype is being used the blending is now be done to a specific blending color instead of the mask.

Download it now from
Last edited by Johan on Jul 7, 2002 @ 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johan
pm Member

Postby Sam Nova » Jul 7, 2002 @ 11:38pm

Sam Nova
pm Member

Postby Johan » Jul 7, 2002 @ 11:58pm

Hi,

Perhaps I shouldn´t write "full source code". :) I was referring to the source of CGapiApplication which is included in the "include" folder. The file is named "GapiApplication.h" but it´s the full thing (just 30kb though but it was lots of work getting it to where it is today).

Feel free to post any initial experiences of the CGapiApplication later on... :)

[Update] I just changed the pr to specifically mention CGapiApplication source code.

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby Phero » Jul 8, 2002 @ 12:20am

Nice!

I have worked hard to understand the true nature of GapiDraw and OpenTrek, but it seems to be too hard to get it work together 100% ... i hope you will someday create a extension which incoperate this ... and until then ... ;) .. or i have to study c++ more ... :D
Phero
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions