This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GapiTools in CScrollView ?

GapiTools in CScrollView ?

Postby Daniel S. » Sep 6, 2002 @ 7:29am

Can I use the GapiTools in the view of a window, like in the CScrollView? I would like to draw in the client rect of my scrollable window, so that the user can scroll when the image (or something else) is bigger than the screen.

When YES, can anyone tell me how to do that?!?!

Thanks, Daniel.
Daniel S.
pm Member

Postby Johan » Sep 6, 2002 @ 8:42am

Hi Daniel,

No, you cannot use GapiDraw/GapiTools or any other GAPI library to draw in a CScrollview. Why would you want that?

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby Daniel S. » Sep 6, 2002 @ 9:08am

Because my picture is bigger than the screen and I want to give the user the chance to scroll...
I want to make a app to draw some measurepoints in the CScrollView (with GapiTools?) but I also want a menu with toolbar, so thats the reason because I want to use GapiTools in a CScrollView (the painting of the measurepoints should be fast). To reduce flicker I want to draw the measurepoints in a buffer and than draw the visible rect of that buffer in the CScrollView.

Daniel
Daniel S.
pm Member

Postby Johan » Sep 9, 2002 @ 6:16pm

Hi again,

Um. Ok. Basically that's not the way GapiTools / GapiDraw works...

If you use Win GDI (scroll views, buttons and so on) - use GDI for those operations.

If you use full screen exclusive graphics - use GapiTools (or, more preferably, GapiDraw).

You cannot mix GDI and GAPI. You can use double buffered graphics with GDI if you dig a bit. But not GapiTools/GapiDraw.

And no.. No other GAPI library will work with GDI objects. Basically that's not how things work...

/Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby Guest » Sep 9, 2002 @ 8:28pm

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions