This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Trying to set ppc volume

Trying to set ppc volume

Postby ppcStudios » Oct 9, 2002 @ 11:29pm

ppcStudios
pm Insider

Postby ppcStudios » Oct 10, 2002 @ 2:47pm

Just a short update to this problem. After countless hours looking at this yesterday, a fresh approach led me to looking in the ppc version of mmsystem.h which showed the error 32 from waveOutOpen is a WAVERR_BADFORMAT so there is something wrong with the WAVEFORMATEX structure I'm using. More info to come as I figure it out. -- GR
ppcStudios
pm Insider

Postby Kzinti » Oct 10, 2002 @ 5:23pm

Your nSamplesPerSec field looks suspect... I think it should be 8000. Why the "*1000" ?
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Digby » Oct 10, 2002 @ 5:28pm

Check wf.nSamplesPerSec.
Digby
pm Insider

Postby ppcStudios » Oct 10, 2002 @ 6:39pm

Yep, I found that this morning while tinkering with it. That was the setting that was used in the sample on pocketpcdn (and the same used in several newsgroup posts) and I assumed (there's that word again) that it was correct. That's what I get for just pasting code that was supposed to be correct. I'll post a little tutorial on how to adjust the sound volume on our website today or tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's help. =)

-- GR
ppcStudios
pm Insider

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions