This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problem running SH3, ARM version is fine

Problem running SH3, ARM version is fine

Postby kcomeforo » Dec 2, 2002 @ 9:00pm

I just recently started using GapiDraw. So far I've been compiling my program for my Toshiba e740 (Pocket PC 2002) with no problems. Today I decided to try compiling for my old Pocket PC, an HP Jornada 520 (SH3). When I tried running the application it gave me the error "This application requires a 16-bit Pocket PC or Smartphone". I double-checked all of the settings in the project, and that I had copied the correct build of GD104.dll to the Pocket PC. I've searched for answers on the net, Google, and the GapiDraw forums but didn't find anything.

I did a little more testing and I've been able to successfully compile and execute the Microsoft sample programs that came with the SDK, plus the "FirstGX" program that is available on Microsoft's site. However, when I try compiling any of the sample programs provided with GapiDraw, I get the same error as I get with my program. Thus, it seems that there is something wrong only when I compile GapiDraw programs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
kcomeforo
pm Member

Problem is actually the display

Postby kcomeforo » Dec 3, 2002 @ 3:45am

kcomeforo
pm Member

Figured it out!!

Postby kcomeforo » Dec 3, 2002 @ 6:25am

I *finally* figured it out tonight. I actually have the Jornada 525, not the 520, and that means I only have 8-bit graphics, not 12-bit. 8-bit isn't supported, hence the message I get makes sense.

Ken
kcomeforo
pm Member

Postby ppcStudios » Dec 3, 2002 @ 6:38am

Yep, I ran into the same issues when we were beta testing pocketPachisi. I tossed the idea of supporting SH3 after looking at the user base, and decided on supporting ARM/XScale only since I found that there were no MIPS based PocketPCs being developed (other than BE300s).

The state of PocketPCs reminds me of the early days of the desktop PCs - you have the ARM (8086), the XScale (80186/80286), a few holdouts using SH3 and MIPS (Z80) and the other guys running on PalmOS (can you say Mac?). :wink:

-- GR
ppcStudios
pm Insider

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions