This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

key release latency on toshiba e740?

key release latency on toshiba e740?

Postby Guest » Feb 6, 2003 @ 4:10am

I've been playing with gapidraw on my toshiba e740. When I run the collisionmask sample program and move the sprite around with the keypad I've noticed quite a bit of latency from when I stop pressing a direction and when the sprite actually stops moving. From the on-screen values I'd say it moves 3-4 pixels after I release.
The program is pretty simple so I'm at a loss to explain it from software- but 132 msec lateny doesn't seem likely to be hardware either.
Is anyone familiar with this?

Postby Sm!rk » Feb 6, 2003 @ 10:56am

Sm!rk
pm Member

Postby kcomeforo » Feb 9, 2003 @ 5:53pm

I've noticed the same thing with the little programs I've written. So far I've tried to compensate with things like only processing movement every other frame, stuff like that. It's not the greatest solution and definitely isn't for every game, but it helps sometimes. I'd be much happier if there was a better solution! :)

BTW, if I understand the suggestion in the previous post correctly, that's not the issue -- at least not in my programs. I'm targeting and hitting 30 fps, so that shouldn't allow messages to queue up, right? I'd expect that to happen if I were taking too long for each frame.
kcomeforo
pm Member

Postby Johan » Feb 10, 2003 @ 12:11am

Johan
pm Member

Postby Guest » Feb 10, 2003 @ 9:11am

Postby Johan » Feb 10, 2003 @ 11:29am

Johan
pm Member

Postby Guest » Feb 10, 2003 @ 9:05pm

Postby Hosed » Feb 11, 2003 @ 12:04am

L. L. Goodwin<BR>Purveyor of Code<BR><A href="http://www.planettribes.com/hosed/">Hosed's House of Code</A>
Hosed
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions