This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How do I use the expansion?

How do I use the expansion?

Postby Don » Jun 14, 2002 @ 8:07am

I have forest fire and I cannot play it.. How do I load the new maps in?
I am also having some problems beating level 5. I dont want to seem like Im whining, but it seems like there is no level after 5 and therefore you cannot beat it.. No matter what I do, the AI seem to start off with more and heavy equipment than me and takes me down quickly!!
Don

Expansion Pack

Postby hockeydude » Jun 14, 2002 @ 6:23pm

I had some trouble also using the expansion pack! I just copied the "Forest Fire" Map files into the "Strategic Assualt" Directory. That overights the original map files so make sure you back those up first you also need to copy the ICONS file. Back up the original ICONS File also! That is how i did it, im not sure if there is an easier way!? As for the level five, i just built a light factory and a bunch of tanks and just rushed there base before they knew what happend!
hockeydude

Postby Don » Jun 14, 2002 @ 6:54pm

I got pased the level not long after I poseted this.. I did what you did.. I was about to loose again, so I took all I had and attacked the main base.. it seemed to stune the AI and it didnt try to rebuild.
As for the expansion.. when I tap on load expansion.. nothing happens. I guess I will copy the files over
Don

Postby simon » Jun 14, 2002 @ 11:22pm

NO. PLEASE dont do that. If you have problems installing just email for support. Installing like that will NOT work correctly.

Simon.
simon

Postby hockeydude » Jun 15, 2002 @ 3:48am

hockeydude

Postby Michael Y » Jun 15, 2002 @ 3:56am

Michael Y
pm Insider

Postby hockeydude » Jun 15, 2002 @ 1:29pm

hockeydude

Postby hockeydude » Jun 16, 2002 @ 4:49am

hockeydude

Postby Sofa King » Jun 18, 2002 @ 4:36am

Simon from support replied to my email with 1 day as follows:

Sometimes installing to compact flash causes the folders to be renamed. You need to make sure the expansion pack folder is called 'Forest Fire' and is inside the main game folder.

Works like a charm! When you click on "Load mission pack", the first line toggles between "Strategic Assault" and "Forest Fire".

Hope that helps. I think we're all so used to not getting support in general that we forget that some companies actually believe in it!
Sofa King

Postby 10inchAssassin » Aug 22, 2003 @ 3:56am

You don't have to Ax me, you can Ax'im. Go buy Tower Mogul at http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-tm.html its a great game.
10inchAssassin
pm Member

Postby 10inchAssassin » Aug 22, 2003 @ 3:57am

You don't have to Ax me, you can Ax'im. Go buy Tower Mogul at http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-tm.html its a great game.
10inchAssassin
pm Member

Return to Xen Games

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss the popular Xen Games titles, such as Interstellar Flames and Strategic Assault here.

Moderators:

sponge, simonjacobs

Forum permissions