This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

The network aware feature doesn't work for spanish OS

The network aware feature doesn't work for spanish OS

Postby PepeGG » Mar 3, 2002 @ 8:29pm

At least it seems to me so. I was awaiting this feature in 1.20 because boy, it's a pain in the ass for me, as I'm always connected to mapped folders. Look at this pic, it took Dexplor more than 2 minutes to generate the screen.
I can't, I can nomore ;)

The network folder name is localized, so in spanish OS it's called 'Red'. Maybe that's the reason Dexplor doesn't identify it as the network folder.
If you could send me a build with this issue fixed, I would be everlasting thankful Dan :D
<!--The Sourcerer-->
PepeGG
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 3, 2002 @ 9:29pm

Yes, that is the reason. Now that you have mentioned it, I remember you stating a number of weeks ago that the NETWORK folder was called something different on your device.

I checked the docs regarding the CIFS network redirection support, and I couldn't find any registration value indicating an alternate name besides NETWORK (in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Redir key). The docs also don't state that the path is language-specific.

I just thought of checking SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, and lo and behold it does have a couple network related IDs. So I will check that to see if it provides the info I need.

Please drop me an email at dan@dex-plor.com, and I will send you a simple test program to see if that will provide the correct name for the network folder.

Thanks!

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Mar 3, 2002 @ 9:32pm

The image finally came up for me. Hey now, it's not too bad for DEXplor to only take 2 minutes to enumerate over 1 gigabyte of files over your network!! :) To calc the dir size it has to look at every single file in every single directory on the network resource.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Mar 3, 2002 @ 10:59pm

So far, not so good. I may have to use an array of "network" translated into various languages and lookup in it based on the device's language ID. I really hope there is a simpler way!

Here are the Windows CE docs relating to the \Network\ folder:

Network Folder
Windows CE does not support drive letters; mounted file systems supply defined roots exposed in a top-level directory. For the redirector file system, the reserved root is \Network. To facilitate writing shells that are alert to network resources, the redirector maps paths in \Network to locally connected resources.

A registry key was added to enable a project to expose the \Network folder. This is disabled by default, but can be overridden by setting the DWORD value RegisterFSRoot under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Redir key to a nonzero value. If this value exists and is nonzero, the \Network folder appears in top-level enumerations, for example, dir \*.*, on the device.

The \Network folders can only be managed with the WNet API functions FindFirstFile and FindNextFile. Create folders in \Network with the WNetAddConnection3 function and remove folders with the WNetCancelConnection2 function.

Folders are added to and removed from \Network using the standard WNetAddConnection and WNetCancelConnection functions. Only persistent connections are enumerated in \Network, so if the device is warm booted, folders in \Network remain the same.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions