This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Feature Suggestion: ABC folder navigation

Feature Suggestion: ABC folder navigation

Postby rix » Apr 19, 2002 @ 8:24pm

Hi Dan,

Got another suggestion for you (no idea if it's possible, will leave that to you!)

How about a strip of letter tabs for folder navigation? Much like PocketInformant3 has.

So it would be like: abc|def|ghi etc. to quickly take you to that area of the file list.

Don't know if this is possible on the PPC, but I use letter navigation within windows on my regular pc all the time so I thought it might be worth a try on the PPC.

Seems like it would be of greatest advantage in large folders like Windows & My Documents.

Maybe it could be an icon that pops up the tab strip when you need it? Maybe it coould pop-up when the number of folders/files exceedes a certain number? (this would probably need to be a preference setting to us or not use)

Just a thought.

Regards,

Rich
rix
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Apr 19, 2002 @ 8:43pm

Well, you should be able to pull up the SIP and hit a letter, and the TreeList will navigate to it. However, apparently I broke that capability somewhere along the way. I will see if I can squeeze that fix in for 1.30. Is that something like what you had in mind? You can pull up the SIP, hit "S" and it will take you to the first item starting with S?

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby rix » Apr 20, 2002 @ 12:54am

rix
pm Member

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions