This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A few dumb questions ....

A few dumb questions ....

Postby AlphaWolf » May 1, 2002 @ 7:25pm

OK, I know these are probably dumb questions, but ...

I assume that formatting your storage card probably erases all the data on it, right? So why would you want to format it? Is there any advantage? Does it make any sense to format a new card you put in your machine before you start to load data? Inquiring minds and all ....

Also, in Task Manager, there are some programs running that I've never heard of. Any ideas what these are?

device.exe
filesys.exe
gwes.exe
NK.EXE
poutlook.exe (I assume this is running because I have Pocket Informant running)
shell32.exe

Dan, any chance you'll get more features working on Task Manager for us poor MIPS folks?

Many thanks,
AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf
pm Member

Postby Dan East » May 1, 2002 @ 7:41pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby AlphaWolf » May 1, 2002 @ 8:22pm

AlphaWolf
pm Member

Postby HobbesAB » May 10, 2002 @ 4:34am

Just wondering: Is this type of information documented in some sort of help file within DexPlor??
HobbesAB
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » May 10, 2002 @ 3:25pm

No, but speaking of help files, I'm revamping them for the 1.30 release. The next version will sport a much better help system. I may provide info on some of the system processes. Part of the problem is that there are system processes that are OEM specific, and I have no way to determine what they may be.

However, I would welcome that information if anyone wants to provide it for their device. What would be required is after a hard reset, installing only DEXplor and generating a list of processes. That information could be posted to a thread here in the DEXplor forum, and I would then compile a database for the various devices.

I don't know if I'll have time to get this done for 1.30, but I will add to my To-Do list the ability for DEXplor to dump all the processes to a text file. That will make this process much easier.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions