This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Max USB cable length?

Max USB cable length?

Postby RedruM » Apr 21, 2005 @ 8:21am

RedruM
pm Member

Re: Max USB cable length?

Postby 1BADRIDE » Apr 21, 2005 @ 2:42pm

RDA
ASUS A730W - 2900MAh Battery Hack!
1GB Kingston SD
4GB Kingston Elite Pro CF
Sony Ericsson Z600 BT GPRS
1BADRIDE
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Apr 21, 2005 @ 2:48pm

It sounds like they are talking about using some other connectivity between, not just a certain type of cable.

I assume they are talking about something . That would act as a USB device, so on the other end you would need the same thing in a USB controller version. Then between them you could use an ethernet crossover cable, or a LAN if you have a hub.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Apr 21, 2005 @ 2:58pm

Here you go:
http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-EXT-2X_2-Por ... _16ft..cfm

# Best way to extend your USB or USB 2.0 device without signal loss. Two Port USB 2.0 High-Speed Active Extension Cable Using NEC Chip with LED and Optional Power Boost Jack (optional 5V AC adapter $9.98 ) World's First and Only Power Option Active USB 2.0 Extension Cable Using NEC chip and Capable of up to 80ft. (5 segments of this cable can be stacked together)

It would be nice if you could simply find a 50' version of it, instead of having to stack a few together.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RedruM » Apr 25, 2005 @ 9:31am

Hmm thanks for the replys, I think I might as well try and extend a usb extention cable I have using network cable and make it as short as possible. If that doesent work I'll probaly pick up that cable you posted Dan or something similar to it.

Hopefully my master plan will succeed. :?

Another question, does anyone know how I would go about making lets say two sets of a keyboard and a mouse, and make them two separate inputs similar to two gamepads, then having each keyboard/mouse control a screen. I've read somewhere of a motherboard that supports this feature so it is basically two computers in one, its one computer but instead hooking up two monitors and two separate keyboard/mouses. I'm curious if this is possible to do with software.
RedruM
pm Member

Return to Technology Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Discussion on technology that isn't related to mobile devices.

Moderator:

Kevin Gelso

Forum permissions