This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

cross platform audio support?

cross platform audio support?

Postby Structure » Oct 13, 2004 @ 3:10pm

Hi,

Im not really up on audio players, what are people doing to make their life as easy as possible for cross platform pocketpc and palmos audio support?
Structure
pm Member

Postby sponge » Oct 13, 2004 @ 7:32pm

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby Structure » Oct 14, 2004 @ 10:27am

Structure
pm Member

Postby kkyborg » Jul 22, 2005 @ 9:09am

Hello,

I am the author of MODULA Audio Engine. What you might don't know about it is that MODULA is the cross-platform audio engine, as it currently works on next systems: PalmOS, Windows Mobile (both PocketPC and Smartphone), SymbianOS Series60 and Windows (from 98 to XP). Licensing is currently available for PalmOS native version only, but if you are using cross platform devlib SHARK, you could also license MODULA for it and you'll have great audio support on all the SHARK supported systems.

If you are really interested in using MODULA, we can make a deal.

http://modula.indus3.org

Sponge said something about the different sound APIs on PalmOS (Sony). This is the truth, but there is a fix, a hack, for that. Latest Sony devices have the official PalmOS (made by PalmSource) SoundStream API, but some previous models have Sony's APIs and for these devices ClieHack wrote a hack that adds the official SoundStream API on them. It works well, and using it, MODULA also works on these devices.

--
http://www.indus3.org
INDUSTRY Entertainment
kkyborg
pm Member

Postby Conan » Jul 22, 2005 @ 10:24am

On PocketPC there are numerous hobbyist developers and we are well served by Hekkus and also have FMod available (and mikmod). Any sound system costing several hundred $ won't make a big impact in the hobbyist developer community because we just don't make enough from sales but there may be a few developers who would benefit from a cross platform system.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby Structure » Jul 22, 2005 @ 10:57am

Wo, this is a old thread….

My priorities have changed somewhat since then and palm had been drop from that list for the time being, so I think Hekkus will serve me fine, but thanks for the info, ill check it out again to make sure.
A float, A float, My kingdom for a float
Structure
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions