This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Developer etiquette question.

Developer etiquette question.

Postby Jinks » Jul 27, 2005 @ 1:42pm

If I emailed Handango with this I'd get a reply 4 weeks later that didn't seem to understand my email. So in the spirit of democracy I'll leave this to the peer group. :)

I've seen teasers on Click Gamer before. Setting up the product page with the demo or FMV. Probably it makes marketing sense if the reseller is your only sales channel. First point of news contact is where people return. And my next release will be under $1, which after some research I think Handango handles the best 8O ( No they haven't "brain chipped" me in the night).

So my etiquette problem is my teaser would probably be a PC 480x640 window version, pretty much what will be the VGA PocketPC version RGB 565 instead of 888.

So I'd prefer to release this teaser as a PC version. Handango rules seem only to ask things say what they are. And it will be a PocketPC version that goes on sale at Handango.

5 hours and no one cares. 8)

How about this. I've been through the TabletPC section and checked the add product. TabletPC are just PC's which require suitable for stylus input. So what is going to happen when I put my PC compatible stuff in there?
Jinks
pm Member

Postby Structure » Jul 28, 2005 @ 5:02pm

so is your question is it a good idea to release a pc version of a pocket pc game as a tester to get public interest?

edit *your
Last edited by Structure on Jul 28, 2005 @ 8:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
A float, A float, My kingdom for a float
Structure
pm Member

Postby Conan » Jul 28, 2005 @ 5:09pm

My view is that you need to follow the same method that everyone else uses on Handango & Clickgamer, demo PPC version available as [TRY]. Having a PC version might confuse some people. No harm in haveing the PC version on your own website though.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby Presto » Jul 28, 2005 @ 5:29pm

Presto
pm Insider

Postby Jinks » Jul 28, 2005 @ 6:31pm

Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

The stylus is mightier than the pen!
jinks
Jinks
pm Member

Postby Conan » Jul 28, 2005 @ 7:02pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions