This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Installing eVC4 and SP4 on WinXP SP2 (horror story)

Installing eVC4 and SP4 on WinXP SP2 (horror story)

Postby abiemann » Nov 10, 2005 @ 4:59pm

A week ago I formatted my C: and installed a fresh WinXP SP2 because VS2005 requires it.

Last night I wanted to get my development station up and running and I check what I need to install 1st. So I start with eVC4 and *bang* I get an error pop up because SP2 blocked a driver.

So I thought SP4 would correct that problem, but the same error pops up. I Google the error and find a fix on the Microsoft KB: disable PAE, if there's no PAE enabled then disable DEP.

I reboot and now my PC is still buggered because I have no networking/internet functionality, plus McAffee is complaining... it's a mess.

Time to do a System Restore to yesterday. Did that and still no networking functionality. I was told just now that my TCP/IP stack is messed up.

I thought I'd share with you this lovely SP2 story...
abiemann
pm Member

Postby Conan » Nov 10, 2005 @ 9:30pm

Have a look for a tool to repair your TCP stack:-
winsockxpfix.exe
I used this to sort my daughter's pc when her TCP went after spyware stuff.

ps: Just gone through getting eVC4 installed. I had a missing file which caused the install to fail. All fixed now.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions