This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Handango and PocketGear

Postby Dan East » Jan 11, 2006 @ 5:37pm

Yes, as David said, print can make a massive difference. A German PPC magazine did a 2 page spread on DEXplor. I knew nothing about it until Eike messaged me about it. The key is having something new or cutting edge. Regardless of the product (utility or game), unless it introduces something new, it will not generate much buzz.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby vernicaperni » Jan 12, 2006 @ 9:42am

vernicaperni
pm Member

Postby Jinks » Jan 12, 2006 @ 11:35am

The stylus is mightier than the pen!
jinks
Jinks
pm Member

Webiste

Postby vernicaperni » Jan 12, 2006 @ 11:49am

vernicaperni
pm Member

Postby Jinks » Jan 12, 2006 @ 1:25pm

Sure thing:
Here are the things I'm planning and all untested so nick only ideas you personally believe will work. I'm kind of a clueless oldie. :lol:

I'm going for reasons to keep coming back to a website. I'm aware if I can get 1000 hits a day I can put in insentive ads there ones you watch for 20 seconds and the website gets 50cents. So at a micro payment level you may even be able to use them to pay for small games and apps. But they're looked down on as scum in the industry and generally I want 1000 hits a day then 1000 downloads a day just as goals in themselves.

How to get loads of people to your site. Firstly accept some people can't won't pay. So I will have a method of payment based on putting a link in websites or blogs every 20 that refresh the software will generate one registration first registartion reserved for the site.

You can keep refreshing the software on the site. Because my pricing will be so cheap it'll be less bother for many to pay.

PC and PocketPC a good little puzzle is a good little puzzle whatever you build it for.

Theres a free scratch card and random prizes when you refresh software.

There is pay with mobile phone text in many countries. I don't want to say with who until I know if they actually pay me, but setup was free and they take 40% of the money which is good for SMS payment, so I'm not risking much. Handango will not allow you to send an application that is just an unlock code, it has to be a finished app/game for that phone which is a tiny niche and useless to me.

I've got a talking AI dog. <RANDOM!!>

Got 2 player puzzle games so you can play the dog Sebastain, download that game etc. Will have at some point this year abilty for two player between users.

And generally a pretty 1920's blue and gold look.

Idea of selling people multiple copies so people can send thier friends games digitally wrapped. So a small product range can sell more than one to some paying customers.

That and more like two forms of bonus cash I won't even try to explain. Like I say nick the ideas that work. It could quite easily be a complete disaster and only attract freeloaders and hackers.
jinks
Jinks
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Jan 12, 2006 @ 4:49pm

Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Jinks » Jan 12, 2006 @ 5:30pm

jinks
Jinks
pm Member

Postby Wouter » Jan 12, 2006 @ 5:31pm

Wouter
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Jan 12, 2006 @ 6:40pm

Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Jinks » Jan 12, 2006 @ 8:43pm

jinks
Jinks
pm Member

Postby modaco » Jan 13, 2006 @ 12:04am

modaco
pm Member

Postby v0101 » Jan 13, 2006 @ 12:27am

v0101
pm Insider

Postby Phantom » Jan 13, 2006 @ 9:42am

Modaco: How many visitors do you get? 80% sounds very good, but personally I have never heard of Modaco until now...

Stunad: How do you get visitors to your site?

By the way, both sites (and others like Handango) still don't make a new initiative worthless. Like I said, I believe the front page should simply forward the user to an arbitrary location on the 'net. The most important thing I expect from a 'joint developer shopwindow' is exposure: We can ask PocketMatrix & PocketGamer plus many other sites to support development by putting up a link to the site, we could link to it from our regular adverts and from within the games themselves. We could do giveaways to promote the site. We would all benefit.
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby modaco » Jan 13, 2006 @ 10:25am

MoDaCo gets HUGE amounts of traffic, with over 120,000 members and as IMHO the biggest and most respected Smartphone (and now all Windows Mobile devices) in the world, it is exactly this level of influence that I hope to leverage by creating FairDeal.

P
modaco
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Jan 13, 2006 @ 10:31am

And what does MoDaCo do about the wave of Sudoku games? :)

Suppose I release 'Nutcracker 2006' exclusively on MoDaCo, and it sells reasonbable, but not good. How long would it be visible?

These are the issues that are currently a problem with Handango: Selling it there sounds like a gamble, as your game can be invisible in no time if it's not VERY popular the first two weeks or so. And most games that are not chess, golf or sudoku aren't that popular.
Phantom
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions