This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Sounds

Sounds

Postby guynemer » Jan 20, 2007 @ 8:33pm

guynemer
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 21, 2007 @ 6:35pm

Hi Guynemer,

These errors appear because the Hekkus library isn't linked. You can add a library by editing your project .epj file with a text editor. Add a new line at the bottom:
staticlib = "hss.lib"

Also, copy hss.lib from Hekkus into your Symbian SDK installation folder: /epoc32/release/armi/urel

If you don't want to copy this library you may also specify the location of the library directly. For example:
staticlib = "c:\projects\HekkusSoundSystem\lib\symbian-armi\hss.lib"
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby guynemer » Jan 21, 2007 @ 11:10pm

the thing is that when I compile using EdgeIDE I don't have any .epj file, nor .pkg or .mmp for the record ...

Anyway I had lready copied the libraries to the symbian sdk folder, unfortunately it's not the reason :?
guynemer
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 22, 2007 @ 9:03am

Hi Guynemer,

When creating a new project using the Edge IDE you need to specify a location and a name of the project. The result is being saved in an .epj file.

Are you sure you're browsing to the correct folder? Maybe you need to save the project first?
edge
pm Member

Postby guynemer » Jan 22, 2007 @ 2:40pm

oh ok sorry , yes sure I have a .epj file, I thought it was one of the files generated during the compilation process... sorry.

But there are some things that bother me : in your tutorials, or anywhere else on the net, people talk about .mmp and .pkg files needed for the creation of the .sis package. It seems that those files are needed to configure the libraries needed by the executable, the include, etc...
How come those files aren't in the directory with the .aif , .app .... files ?

But if you had a good link or a good tutorial dealing with the creation of .sis file including a lot of ressources files (images, sounds, dll) ... that would be great, cause this far I don't have a precise knowledge of those processes. :?
guynemer
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 22, 2007 @ 3:08pm

Hi Guynemer,

The Edge IDE doesn't need an mmp file because it uses the compiler in the Symbian SDK directly.

The .pkg file is actually generated automatically after using the build setup command. This file can be found along with the .aif, .app/.exe and .rsc files in the release folder.

Handling a lot of resources in the Edge IDE is easy: create a folder named 'Install' in the green 'resource files' folder. Inside that folder, you can create a folder structure that will look like the folder structure when your game is installed on the device. Look at Blastar for an example.
edge
pm Member

Postby guynemer » Jan 23, 2007 @ 12:52am

Thanks , it works now. :D
guynemer
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions