This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Questions

Questions

Postby mimispa » Jan 25, 2007 @ 11:45am

Hallo Edge,
I have some final questions
1) How can i pack sound files with Edge Packages? I tried with the same code of other packages with Edge but sound files not loaded.
2) When i use bluetooth with Symbian phones and the phone (as server) is connect with a device (as client), if the phone ring (incoming call) then the application crash. How can i handle this?
mimispa
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 25, 2007 @ 4:48pm

Hi Mimispa,

1. You should be able to pack sound files, just like any other file. Can you tell me what exactly goes wrong (finding the file in the EPK, reading it or loading it through the sound class?)

2. This is an error that shouldn't happen. We will investigate and let you know when we know more.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 26, 2007 @ 11:31am

We've found the cause of the Bluetooth crash on Symbian. It was a problem with receiving data while being minimized.

This bug will be fixed for Edge release 3.0
edge
pm Member

Postby mimispa » Jan 26, 2007 @ 11:53am

Hi Edge,
About the first question.
When i try to pack the sound files the problem was when playing the file. The sound was a very long beep.
So, i was able to find the file in the EPK, read it and load it through the sound class, but when the sound class try to play the file then sound a very long beep and the application crashed.

Unfortunately i don't have right now the source code but i'm sending you a similar code (i tried this code with sound class) for load_surface_from_pack that works fine (with surfaces).

bool ClassMain::load_surface_from_pack(ClassEFile *filepack,char *filename, E2DSurface *surface,ClassEDisplay *source_display)
{
bool load_result=true;
unsigned char *filedata;
unsigned long filedatasize,fileid;
if (filepack->PackSearchFile(filename,fileid))
{
int apotelesma=filepack->PackGetFileData(filedata,filedatasize,fileid);
if (apotelesma==E_OK)
{
apotelesma=source_display->CreateSurface(surface,filedata,filedatasize,EST_DEFAULT);
if (apotelesma!=E_OK){load_result=false;}
ClassEMemory::DeAlloc(filedata);
}
else
{load_result=false;}
}
else
{load_result=false;}
return load_result;
}

Thanks for your reply!
mimispa
pm Member

Postby mimispa » Jan 26, 2007 @ 12:13pm

About the second question!
I had in my mind to try some things (for the bluetooth problem) in this weekend.
If you think i can not do anything about it please let me know.
Also let me know if i can help in solving the problem (until you release the new version).
mimispa
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 26, 2007 @ 2:10pm

Hi Mimispa,

When loading sound files, it's usually not needed to deallocate the pointer. It only needs to be allocated if the load sound function returns an error. This is because the Hekkus sound library uses the data in this pointer, and doesn't create a copy.

About Bluetooth:
Would you like sending us an e-mail (info at edgelib dot com or through the contact form at www.edgelib.com)? Then we can provide you a patched version.
edge
pm Member

Postby mimispa » Jan 26, 2007 @ 4:14pm

mimispa
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions