This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Can I make pitches constant for all PPCs with EdgeLib3.11?

Can I make pitches constant for all PPCs with EdgeLib3.11?

Postby Nomad » Sep 20, 2007 @ 4:20pm

Hi, Edge.

I've read about changes in framework and want to ask.
Will setting of EDISPLAYCONFIG::surfprerotate to false make pithes the same on all PocketPC devices?

Thnks in advance.
Nomad
pm Member

Postby edge » Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:03am

Hi Nomad,

Yes, setting this value to false always gives a backbuffer with the x-pitch equal to the colordepth (in bytes) and the y-pitch as a positive value (the rotation will be done by EDGELIB when flipping the backbuffer).

However, this feature decreases performance a small bit and isn't available for newer Symbian devices (Symbian version greater than or equal to 9.0).
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby Nomad » Sep 21, 2007 @ 2:45pm

That's very nice, indeed.
And maybe there is any possibility to change this option dynamically during the process of game?

I've explain why it would be great for me: I make a simple 2D game, nothing special, but my boss wants to see an ingame videos as responding to some events. So for video playing it is better to for me to set config->surfprerotate to false and for gameplay to true.

Best regards, Nomad.
Nomad
pm Member

Postby edge » Sep 21, 2007 @ 2:52pm

Hi Nomad,

Yes, you're able to change this dynamically (however, it takes some overhead to adjust the configuration).

First adjust the prerotate option through the ecd.dispcfg structure, then call ClassEDisplay :: ChangeOrientation for the changes to take effect.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions