This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Input delay

Input delay

Postby namGman » Sep 22, 2007 @ 1:42am

Hi,

I am finding that the longer I hold down a button the longer it takes to recognize that it has been released.

I put log statements into OnButtonDown and OnButtonUp and can see that OnButtonUp is not called for a number of seconds in some cases. But when just clicking the button both statements are logged effectively immediately.

Notably, I am finding there to be a correlation between how much processing is occuring in OnNextFrame and the "Up" response. If I comment out all code in OnNextFrame then the problem effectively disappears.

I would expect that regardless of how long the frame processing takes, the next iteration would catch that the button has been released, but instead I can see many frames continue to be processed before the input event is handled.

Obviously I require the "Up" event to be handled immediately. Is there anything obvious that would explain this behaviour?

Update:
I should add that this is occurring on a Dell Axim x51v (VGA) running at 624mhz and does NOT happen while testing on the WM5 Pocket PC VGA emulator image for VS2005 on Vista.

Thanks.
namGman
pm Member

Postby edge » Sep 24, 2007 @ 11:58am

Hi NamGman,

We're aware of this bug and working on a fix. You can expect a bugfix in the new EDGELIB version which is planned for release this month.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby namGman » Sep 24, 2007 @ 7:09pm

Hi,

That's excellent to hear. :)

Thanks
namGman
pm Member

Postby namGman » Sep 27, 2007 @ 8:58am

namGman
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions