This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Screen orientation on N95

Screen orientation on N95

Postby CountZero » Oct 15, 2007 @ 6:56pm

Hi guys,
I've been working on the N95 and I found that the camera viewfinder gives me images with incorrect orientation (i.e when I hold the phone vertically, the image acquired is 320 across the horizontal, and vice versa).

I posted this on Forum Nokia ()
and got a few replies but I can't access Eikon classes while using Edgelib. Is the orientation is being set correctly by Edgelib? I'm able to switch between portrait and landscape using the DOR_* parameters, but this does not seem to indicate the original orientation to the camera. Any clues as to where the problem may lie?
CountZero
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 16, 2007 @ 8:25am

Hi Countzero,

When you say "hold the phone vertically and horizontally", do you actually change its orientation as well by sliding the cover? It would help if you do the following tests using the DOR_AUTO setting as your orientation in EDGELIB:
- Start the application in portrait mode (with the number pad open) and check the resolution of the camera
- Start in landscape mode (with the number pad closed and the play/record/fastforward buttons open) and check the resolution of the camera
- Start in portrait mode, switch to landscape mode (using the slider) and check the camera
- Do the same by starting in landscape mode and switch to portrait mode

If you want to access the Eikon classes you can use CEikonEnv::Static() function to get an instance. Also you need to include the "eikenv.h" header file.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby CountZero » Oct 30, 2007 @ 8:25pm

Thanks, those suggestions helped greatly. I didn't realize that the camera was meant to be used in the landscape mode. Now I just set the app to landscape mode and things work just great.

I will post a more detailed tutorial on using the camera sometime soon. I'm trying to make the pixel copy faster on the N95.

Cheers!
CountZero
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions