This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How to combine OpenGL and EDGELIB drawing?

How to combine OpenGL and EDGELIB drawing?

Postby ohanoda » Jun 25, 2008 @ 10:41pm

ohanoda
pm Member

Postby edge » Jun 26, 2008 @ 11:36am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby ohanoda » Jun 26, 2008 @ 9:58pm

ohanoda
pm Member

Postby edge » Jun 27, 2008 @ 8:52am

Hi,

Are you sure OpenGL is used? Maybe your application is using the internal EDGELIB renderer, thus making the call to glfrustum ineffective.

The transformation matrix is using 20:12 fixed point values. The only exception is the call to E3DSurface::Scale (which translates it into 20:12 fixed point values internally). The reason the scale function is using 16:16 fixed point values is to make it consistent with the scaling values of E2DSurface::Blt.
edge
pm Member

Postby ohanoda » Jun 27, 2008 @ 10:27pm

Hi edge,

Oh, sorry, I didn't really I had to define EGL_USEGL. That's why it didn't work out.

However, if I use OpenGL ES, it now has problem rendering the 3D turtle model which comes with the Animate3D sample. I'm using Vincent 3D Rendering Library's OpenGL ES implementation. I wonder if this is because the Vincent implementation or EDGELIB.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Now, I'm wondering if there is a way to set the camera matrix (projection matrix) used by EDGELIB's internal renderer. Also, what is the coordinate system EDGELIB uses? Is it right-handed coordinate system? Also, is the default view matrix set to +Y up and viewing toward +Z direction? Is it possible to set view matrix?

Thanks
Ohan
ohanoda
pm Member

Postby edge » Jun 30, 2008 @ 3:39pm

Hi,

Probably the vincent rendering library doesn't work, because there is no specific plugin library for the vincent OpenGL implementation. Perhaps you can search for rasteroid, which is also a software OpenGL ES renderer.

The 3D coordinates in EDGELIB are the same as OpenGL. X points to the right, y points up and z points towards the camera. Unfortunately, EDGELIB doesn't use a perspective matrix yet. This is a feature planned for upcoming releases.
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions