This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

goforce libs any has rasteroid

goforce libs any has rasteroid

Postby jaikben » Aug 5, 2008 @ 11:57am

Hi,

in really need the rasteroid sdk as this is the only free one comp with goforce, please help me out somebody.

wince with GF5500
jaikben
pm Member

Postby edge » Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:21am

Hi,

When you want to develop for the GoForce hardware, you need the NVidia OpenGL ES SDK. Rasteroid only targets software mode.

You need to contact NVidia to obtain the OpenGL ES SDK targetting GoForce hardware.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby jaikben » Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:29am

hi, nvidia is not responding. But rasteroid does work with the hw maybe not all functions but q3ce software compiled with rasteroid is using the gf5500, when deleting the software libGLES_CM_NoE and libEGL. thats why I want it.

look at this:

seta r_lastValidRenderer "GoForce 3D 5500(A2),FP,(22.256.15.1021)"

stangly enough its telling me its open gl es 1.0 in the driver info but heck it works better then nothing
jaikben
pm Member

Postby edge » Aug 8, 2008 @ 8:26am

Hi,

Did you manage to find the rasteroid SDK? Because the product is discontinued it's very hard to find. Unfortunately, we can't provide you with the SDK due to legal issues.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby jaikben » Aug 8, 2008 @ 8:30am

no, couldn't find it anywhere? a shame such a powerfull chip and zero support, maybe the gizmondo SDK GF4800 can help I noticed that was is availible
jaikben
pm Member

Postby kuroneko » Aug 10, 2008 @ 7:42am

kuroneko
pm Member

Postby jaikben » Aug 11, 2008 @ 7:32am

jaikben
pm Member

Postby drgoldie » Aug 24, 2008 @ 12:31pm

To shine a little bit of light on this:

Rasteroid IS a pure S/W renderer. There is no doubt about that. Period.

What you are doing is using the Rasteroid libs to link your application. At runtime then you provide the Goforce DLLs instead of the Rasteroid DLLs so that your application runs H/W accelerated. There is nothing magic there. This works because OpenGL ES is a nice standard and you can replace DLLs as long as they provide the same feature set.

You don't have the NVIDIA libs, so instead you use the Rasteroid libs. Sounds good to me.
drgoldie
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions