This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problems signing a .sis

Problems signing a .sis

Postby aku » Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:55am

I have problems trying to sign an application. In the last step of the submission process i have the following error message

File name: BlockRunner.zip
Submitted: False

Unprotected UID/SID: a00001ed. Symbian Signed requires that signed v9 SIS files only use UID from the protected range that have been allocated from www.symbiansigned.com. This also includes the UID used in the corresponding .pkg file.

In the symbian signed forum told me that was a problem of the hekkus library

If you are using a default build of hss.dll then it has the secureid of 0xA00001ed so it cannot be symbian signed.
Furthermore by including this dll in your product you will not be able to install it if any other already installed application has already installed this dll due to the platsec eclipsing rules.

How I can modidy that????
aku
pm Member

Postby edge » Aug 8, 2008 @ 8:30am

Hi Aku,

The best solution is obtaining the static libraries, and not using the DLL. Because the UID is part of the DLL binary, the only solution would be to rebuild the DLL (you need to the source code of Hekkus).

To obtain the static libraries, you need to contact the author of the Hekkus Sound system (http://www.shlzero.com) and make a donation.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions