This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Compiling for Symbian

Compiling for Symbian

Postby Nacho84 » Jan 7, 2009 @ 12:30pm

Hi! I'm trying to compile the sample project included with the "Getting started with Symbian" article on the edgelib page in order to get my feet wet with something simple before compiling larger projects.

Unfortunately, I'm getting an error that I really don't know how to solve. Can you help me?

I'm attaching a screenshot so that you can see the console output. By the way, during the first steps of the build I'm getting a "Cannot set device 'Series60_1_2_CW:com.Nokia.Series60_1_2_CW' as default; device not known" message after executing the "devices -setdefault @Series60_1_2_CW:com.Nokia.Series60_1_2_CW" command.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

--Nacho
Attachments
SymbianBuildError.rar
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
Nacho84
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 8, 2009 @ 11:08am

Hi Nacho,

For this old platform we recommend using the EDGELIB Builder. Newer SDK's use a device command to select the SDK which can conflict with the SDK you're using now. This problem won't happen with the EDGELIB Builder (or perhaps Carbide if it supports your SDK).
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions