This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

EDGELib try for iPhone

EDGELib try for iPhone

Postby Orion_ » Jan 28, 2009 @ 5:02pm

Hello,

I'm currently trying EDGELib before buying it for an iPhone game project.
I've some troubles with the sound engine, using hekkus on PC with VC++2008 I've a delay of 1 second before the sound actually plays using ecd.snd->PlaySound(0);
On the iPhone side I've 2 malloc/free error showing in the console when exiting the application whenever I use the ecd.snd->Open(); function and even if I do not call ecd.snd->Close(); (The error is about freeing not aligned pointers)
Also, I've a question about 2DSurface, Is there any function or trick to use paletted surfaces and with the ability to dynamically change or swap some colors of the palette ?

Thanks.
Orion_
pm Member

Postby edge » Jan 29, 2009 @ 8:46am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby Orion_ » Jan 29, 2009 @ 1:01pm

Thank you !

That fixed all my problems :)
Orion_
pm Member

Postby Orion_ » Feb 9, 2009 @ 3:54pm

Hi again,
Finally I've switched to OpenGL ES because the palette mode or even the default framebuffer mode was too slow on iPhone.
So, my question is, how can I do some realtime tint or color change with BltFast with OpenGL ES ?
Or something like that for the DrawFont function for example, the default edgelib internal font is White, how can I draw text using another color ? I tried glColor3f but it does nothing :/

edit: Another question, is there any function to unload a texture uploaded with display->UploadTexture function ? can my_surface.Free(); do the job ?

edit2: I noticed that the orientation flag doesn't work in OpenGL mode. Do you plan to implement it ?

Thanks.
Orion_
pm Member

Postby edge » Feb 11, 2009 @ 9:07am

edge
pm Member

Postby Orion_ » Feb 11, 2009 @ 12:13pm

Orion_
pm Member

Postby edge » Feb 12, 2009 @ 9:55am

edge
pm Member

Postby Orion_ » Feb 27, 2009 @ 11:10am

Just a quick question, I was surprised that all the graphics I was displaying on iPhone device with edgelib was converted to 16bits, I thought that the iPhone screen was actually 16bits, then I tried to draw a texture using native iPhone SDK code and the graphics appeared smooth like if it was 24bits, so I found a flag to change in EDGELib to get the same result, and it worked but I don't know if it's the right way to do it and if it's not getting slower because of this flag (even if it's rendered using OpenGL)
here is what I used in the OnDisplayConfig function:
config->emulvideotype = EDSP_TRUE32;
config->videotype = EDSP_TRUE32; // not sure if this one is effective
Orion_
pm Member

Postby edge » Mar 2, 2009 @ 9:48am

Hi Orion,

The best solution to force your textures in a specific color format, is to specify it in the CreateSurface call. Pass EST_DSPTRUE32_INV as the flag parameter.

Using EST_DSPTRUE32_INV is faster than EST_DSPTRUE32, because it swaps the red and blue color channels when loading the image (to make it in the same internal format as OpenGL).
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions