This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Using standard Apple widgets in Edgelib

Using standard Apple widgets in Edgelib

Postby martinreddy » Apr 20, 2009 @ 4:36pm

martinreddy
pm Member

Postby tinybulb.com » Apr 20, 2009 @ 5:00pm

tinybulb.com
pm Member

Postby martinreddy » Apr 20, 2009 @ 10:23pm

martinreddy
pm Member

Postby tinybulb.com » Apr 21, 2009 @ 7:50pm

I will take a look at this issue later today, maybe will help you wit this. In my own project i used almost all possible UIKit control without any problems. But actually such trick is not recommended by Apple to mix UIKit and OGL ES code:
* Do not place any other Core Animation layers or UIKit views above the CAEAGLLayer object that you’re rendering to.
* Limit interactions between OpenGL ES and UIKit or Core Animation rendering. For example, avoid rendering with OpenGL ES while you render notifications, messages, or any other user interface controls provided by UIKit or Core Animation.
tinybulb.com
pm Member

Postby tinybulb.com » Apr 21, 2009 @ 8:05pm

tinybulb.com
pm Member

Postby martinreddy » Apr 23, 2009 @ 4:58pm

I think I've found my problem. It seems that Edgelib is calling my OnStylusUp() method in a different (non-main) thread from my OnNextFrame() method.

I believe that if I just make sure that I create the Apple widgets in the main thread then I'll be alright. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else runs into similar problems.

Martin.
martinreddy
pm Member

Postby pocketjoris » Apr 26, 2009 @ 1:10pm

I'd like to do the same thing (use the iphone keyboard for input in my own widgets)

Can anybody point out how to do that? I currently only have cpp files, and I'm quite unfamiliar with obejctive c.

Some sample code that does something like:

mywidget::onFocus() {
showKeyboard();
}

And some code that allows me to trigger keyPress events would be appriciated
pocketjoris
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions