This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A sound problem with Hekkus on incoming calls

A sound problem with Hekkus on incoming calls

Postby itaita » Apr 23, 2009 @ 11:25am

Hi,

I'm using Edgelib v3.96 with Hekkus v0.99.6.2.
When receiving an incoming call (Symbain S60) the application gets the OnMinimize() & OnRetore() and works just fine as long as the incoming call wasn't answered.. If the call is actually answered, the application gets its focus back (when the call is over) but the sound is then inactive. I've tried calling the sound object Resume() method myself but nothing has changed.
I've also tried to change the mute setting but it also didn't work.
I know that Edgelib is suppose to call "suspend" on the sound object once the application is minimized, and "resume" once it is restored.

I've read that this "hang on incoming call" bug was fixed in a much earlier version of Hekkus and that is the reason why I'm addressing this question to Edge and not to Hekkus.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you for your time :)

Ita
Last edited by itaita on Apr 30, 2009 @ 11:12am, edited 1 time in total.
itaita
pm Member

Postby edge » Apr 28, 2009 @ 6:57am

Hi,

Are you using the ClassESound wrapper or Hekkus directly? The wrapper automatically calls suspend and resume on Hekkus (perhaps there is a problem with calling it twice?).

Could you also try using Hekkus directly (there is a sample on www.edgelib.com) and see if the bug persists?
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions