This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Blitting to displaybuffer?

Blitting to displaybuffer?

Postby sourcerer » Jul 5, 2009 @ 8:01am

Hi,
I read on 30daygame the following text:

"Edgelib does allow blitting to and from the display buffer which makes things a lot easier - if we are to do any sequel games it’s essential the engine is as perfect as it can be to avoid major issues later on."

This is something I've been looking for, could you provide more info, ie what functions I should look into, or is there a sample that does this?

Also what speeds could I expect on a 2G doing a full screen blit? (I know about dirty rectangles, but full screen is a good indicator for me)

Thanks,
Kaj
sourcerer
pm Member

Postby edge » Jul 6, 2009 @ 1:56pm

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby jrhee » Oct 14, 2009 @ 3:34am

Hi, would it be possible to use an E2DSurface uploaded to OpenGL in the below example? For example would it be possible to retrieve the texture ID of an uploaded E2DSurface and supply it to the fbo?
jrhee
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 15, 2009 @ 1:13pm

Hi,

You can't access the surface texture ID directly, however you could bind it manually and retrieve the texture ID from OpenGL using glGetIntegerv and GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_2D.

I'm not sure if it works the way you expect though.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions